20 - Let's Play Spy (3)

* * *

"Shut up! Are you trying to ignore my question?" Fyre roared, his face turning red from both anger and embarrassment. He knew already that he looked weird, it had been a while since the last time he wore a dress but he didn't have to be told to by both Tian Zi and Jonathan. In the first place, he didn't want to wear this kind of clothes again.

"Ah, I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to ignore you, Fyre," Jonathan replied and this time really took the situation seriously.

"If you're sorry then answer my question, you bastard!" Fyre roared again, stomping his feet. He looks undoubtedly furious but for Jonathan who could no longer erase the image that he saw earlier, he could only see Fyre like a sulking chihuahua. He couldn't help but find it adorable despite the serious situation.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I was honestly planning to tell Remi but as you can see, I was imprisoned here by my older sister. I tried to escape but I couldn't. My phone was also confiscated so I also have no means of communicating with her," Jonathan explained with a deep frustrated sigh. For the past three days, he realized that he was such a useless person. That despite his title, he still couldn't do anything but follow what his sisters or parents had ordered him to do.

"You fucking useless piece of shit! You're a grown-ass man! What use does that body of yours have? There are only two people guarding that door and you couldn't beat the shit out of them?" Fyre asked with a furious frown.

"You are acting too confident when sparring with Tian Zi but now you couldn't apply the same thing to those men?" Fyre added. The reason that Remi and Jonathan met in the first place was because he was guarding Remi but now this Young Alpha was telling him that he couldn't get out of the room just because there were two people guarding his room enabling him to escape? It sounded too absurd for Fyre.

". . ." Listening to the Omega, Jonathan remained silent. He couldn't tell that he tried fighting but he was eventually overpowered because he doubted himself. He doubted that he could ever escape his family's grasps. He talked big to his Older Sister but in the end, he was still a coward who couldn't truly stand for what he truly wanted. He was like a baby elephant who was tied down onto a pole he couldn't escape from and believing that despite growing up big and strong, he could never escape that same pole.

"You keep telling me that you love Remi but you're not even brave enough to stand up for it. If you knew that you couldn't escape your family, then why did you have to do this to Remi? You know she's inexperienced! You're her first lover. If you weren't confident enough to break off your engagement, then why did you have to pursue Remi if it was going to end up like this anyway. You are just being selfish, Jonathan!" Fyre yelled. He was shaking in frustration and all the emotions he was feeling all throughout the day to the point of tearing up. Additionally, he just recovered from his heat so his hormones are pretty much still all over the place.

Even though he wasn't physically with Remi all throughout these years, he truly cared for her all this time. All he ever wanted for her only sister was for her to be happy. Was that too much to ask? He didn't know who the man was as long as they could love Remi for who she was. Remi had always been by his side before they separated. She was the only one who understood and believed in him wholeheartedly.

That time when he had his first attack at school, he was only 12 years old and didn't understand much about Alphas, Betas, and Omegas. When everyone was looking at him with different eyes as if they knew who he was, Remi was the one who supported him the most. Since then he promised that before he could find his own happy ending, he would make sure Remi had found hers first.

"I'm sorry. I know I'm useless... I can't promise that I will be braver but I will try from now on. I hope you could give me another chance," Jonathan asked looking straight at Fyre's teary eyes before he smiled helplessly. He couldn't believe that the Omega he kept on teasing all this time was making him realize all of this to himself. That he was after all a very powerless being.