43 - Not Odd At All

* * *

Tian Zi and Fyre rushed to the hospital but everything was too late. Because Remi's side received most of the impact of the accident, not only did she receive glass shards embedded on her skin, broken arms, legs, and spine, and she lost a lot of blood; she had a blood concussion on her head that led to her death. When Fyre heard all this information from the doctor who rushed to perform surgery on his older sister, he couldn't stop himself from screaming and crying.

"No! T-that's a lie! You're supposed to save lives! You're supposed to save my sister! She is not dead! You're lying to me!" Fyre yelled to the doctor with tears streaming down his cheeks. How can he believe such a lie? Just weeks ago they were in Hawaii having fun. He was even trying to perfect his cookies so he could invite the Beta to his place and ask her about her problem with her lover... but now, they're telling him that she's dead? It has got to be a lie.

"I'm so sorry. We did everything that we could to save her..." The doctor said again but it only made Fyre bawl louder not wanting to hear the tragic news anymore. Seeing this, Tian Zi pulled Fyre into a hug, quickly dismissing the line of doctors who tried to help Remi along with Jonathan. Luckily, even though Jonathan had the same condition as Remi, he barely survived and is now still undergoing treatment in the operating room with more doctors.

"They're lying... They're definitely lying... Right?" Fyre repeatedly mumbled in grief against Tian Zi's chest before he slightly pulled away and to see if the Alpha would agree with him. However, seeing the sympathetic expression on Tian Zi's features, Fyre's sobbed even more knowing that this was reality. That everything that the doctor had said was true. That Remi has really passed on just like that.

"I'm sorry." Tian Zi whispered softly before he tightened his hug. He didn't know what to say because the situation wasn't okay and Fyre was not okay. In the first place, he was never good at comforting someone and he never had the need to do so but seeing Fyre this way, he really wished he had the ability to make the Omega feel better. If he did, he would have been a much better help for Fyre right now.

"You can use my shoulder to cry on as much as you want. I'm always here for you Fyre." Tian Zi whispered before subconsciously kissing the top of the Omega's head. Meanwhile, hearing the message, Fyre finally decided to drop all his guard and hugged the Alpha back this time around and he cried more. His beloved older sister has died. He deserved to at least cry all his heart's desire. He was barely 18 when he decided to run away from home, since then he had never seen Remi. If not because he always monitored her and saw how she was doing, Fyre would not have come to look for the Beta in person when he found out he made Jonathan, a nobleman with a playboy background as her lover.

It may not seem like it but for Fyre, Remi was his favorite person in the world. He wanted to make her happy as payment for all the help and comfort she had given when he was younger and struggling; when it was him suffering from his depression. But now, he could no longer do so. He could no longer help her achieve her goals in life. If he knew this was going to happen, he should have come to see her earlier. Now, all that is left is heartbreak and regrets.

"I-I should've come t-to see her much earlier..." Fyre said between his sobs.

"There's no way you could have known this was going to happen...Please don't cry... It pains me to see you breaking like this," Tian Zi confessed. He held both of Fyre's cheeks and tried to wipe his tears. He knew it was useless to do so but he had to at least wipe those sorrows away. He didn't know why but he hated it. He hated seeing the droplets of salty water streaming down the Omega's cheeks and under. If only he could take all the pain Fyre was having now, he would not think twice and do it in a heartbeat. At times like this, he really missed Fyre's constant yelling, with his deep frown and angry expression. At least that way his friend wasn't hurting.