127 - Date For Real

* * *

"Are you sure you're going back?" Paul asked worriedly as he watched Maverick peacefully standing against the rails of the balcony facing the direction of the ocean but because it was now dark outside, instead of the beautiful view of the aquamarine color of the ocean, it was now just the eerie sight of the pitch-black horizon. Still, for Maverick, it felt peaceful and calming because he liked the cold sea breeze that grazed his skin and the calming sound of the waves crashing against the sand.

"Hmm, I've been away for months and my brothers are already looking for me. This is enough and I think I'm fine now. Please let me thank you again Paul for all your help until now," Maverick replied with a soft smile. He's been away for more than two months already and he's afraid that if he still didn't return, his brothers and grandfather would start to get worried and maybe hire professionals to go and find him. After all, he didn't say where he was going or who he was with. He just told them vaguely that he was going somewhere to relax his mind from all that had happened to him and that he would come back soon.

He didn't say that he was going to spend time at one of the Hymlyn rest houses far away from the city or that he was going to spend more than three months there with Paul.

"It's fine. I enjoyed the time I spent with you as well and I think I needed it too. It's surprising how therapeutic it is to be away from people and all the pressure that brings, I think this was what I was looking for all this time," Paul conveyed, flashing the same soft smile towards the Omega. Back then when the pain he felt was still fresh, he thought leaving the country would help but now he knew that it didn't.

He realized that now after being together with Maverick for more than two months. At first, he was just worried about the Omega but instead, he discovered a lot of things about himself. He also didn't know until now that he got along pretty well with the Omega and that they both have very similar interests. Of course, there were some awkward moments and also times where they almost made the same 'mistake' again but they quickly warmed up to each other since they both had wounded hearts.

"Yeah, I wish it could stay like this forever... but we need to go back. I'm sure everyone's looking for you too, and again, I apologized for dragging you along with me," Maverick expressed despite clearly saying that he could leave him alone if he wanted to, Paul never did. Instead, he stayed with him and brought him to various places to experience fun for the first time just like he promised he would.

Everyone knew Paul Hymlyn recently took over the Hymlyn Corporation so he shouldn't have the leisure to play around with him but he did. Just to honor his promise, he left his responsibilities, he went away on a trip without telling everyone when he was going back. Maverick even heard the Alpha a couple of times talking to his parents on his phone but he never once did pressure him to go back. Instead, he got worried when he told him that he planned to return tomorrow.

Truly, he was such a nice guy. Almost too perfect that he wondered why his cousin let such a man go. If it was him, he would have not done such a thing.

"It's fine really. I promised you that I would take you on fun dates and I'm sure mom and dad trusts my decisions," Paul chuckled, this time he got closer to Maverick and put over his shoulder the coat he brought because the breeze was too cold and he was afraid the Omega might catch a cold. Maverick felt touched at the gesture and he stared at Paul for a couple of seconds before he sighed.

"You are truly such a good guy, Paul. I can guarantee you'd treat your precious person like a queen when you find them," Maverick mentioned while deep inside wondering why he didn't just fall in love with him. Why did he have to fall in love with Mo Tian Zi who was nothing but almost cold to him all this time. He knew he had no chance but he still chose to hurt himself. In the end, there was no one else he could blame but himself.