117 - Incompetent And Useless Xiao Zi

* * *

"Mommy, mommy, look, look. Daddy too, look," Mo Chao Yu and Mo Ching Lin called at the same time and jumped as they reached the bed where both Daniel and Laotian were on. Daniel was on his iPad doing his new hobby while Laotian was beside him on his laptop reading some emails when the twins suddenly arrived both with disheveled looks and papers in their hands.

Daniel sighed at the twins, putting his tablet down while looking at their dirty uniforms but he later smiled and urged them to climb on the bed.

"What is that? Did the two of you get stars again?" Daniel asked with a soft smile and picked up the papers and just as he expected, they indeed got stars making Daniel extremely happy.

"Yep. Teacher asked us to draw our family today so we drew everyone, hehe." The four years old Chao Yu said excitedly, even spreading his little limbs to show that they indeed drew everyone.

"Uhuh, and then Teacher asked us to introduce everyone one by one," Ching Li added proudly.

"Oh really, there's too many of us here, did you not get confused?" Daniel asked with a chuckle. This time Laotian scooches over to see the drawing as well.

"Nope see. It's not confusing at all. This is Mommy, this is Chao Yu then me, then older brother, Little Eli, cousin Lan, and uncle Luu and Uncle Ian... here are grandma, grandpa Chen, grandpa George, and Great-Grandpa. Then momma and poppa," Ching Li pointed at each drawing while Daniel listened patiently, still chuckling but later he slightly frowned seeing his husband wasn't mentioned at all.

"Ahuh, here's uncle Zi and uncle Fyre and then uncle Mav, uncle Quinn, and uncle Ash... oh, and here's grandpa David. It's not confusing at all, Mommy." Chao Yu nodded at his twin before introducing the rest with a huge smile.

"Uhmm, Chao Yu, Ching Li, where's Daddy?" Daniel asked and that's exactly what was in Laotian's mind. Where was he in the drawing? He expected he would be near Daniel but the picture that represented his wife wasn't close to a man except for their children. Laotian frowned at his offspring and waited for their answer when the older twin suddenly took out another paper and showed a single drawing of a man who was in a suit.

"Oh, here's daddy. There wasn't enough space so we decided to draw Daddy here," Ching Li explained but that did not make Laotian happy at all. Out of all the family members that they could separate, they chose him. It was very clear that the rivalry between them was strong.

"You... No desserts tonight." Laotian said with his hard unimpressed expression. Meanwhile, as soon as the twins heard their father they both instantly whined.

"Wahh... Noooooo~ Why!!!? Daddy is so meannnnn~" The two complained in unison, their expression looked like they were betrayed and their eyes began to water. Watching this, Daniel couldn't help but sigh. Well, he does understand why Laotian was upset but he didn't really need to punish the kids for such a silly reason.

"Laotian, isn't that too much?" Daniel commented softly as he hugged the twins who are now bawling their eyes out.

"It is not. I am their father but they drew me on a separate page. Even David got drawn on the same paper as you. The message is clear to me, these two are clearly testing my patience," Laotian complained with a serious expression even though what he was saying sounded so childish. When Daniel heard him, he didn't know whether to laugh or cry because there were also a lot of instances where the kids—especially the twins—isolated Laotian. Daniel finds it cute and funny but now he thought he should have ended this needless rivalry thing since he loves all of them equally.

"Mommy should sleep with Chao Yu and Ching Li tonight. Daddy is so meaaan~ So mean~ We don't want Daddy," The two continued to cry which gave Laotian a sudden headache. If he could, he would have tossed the two out of their room and not cared at all.