51 - Was I So Obvious?

* * *

Tian Zi learned everything about Maverick including his background, how he'd gotten into the situation he was in, the reasons behind it, and especially the identity of those people who had defiled him over and over again for the past years. And to be honest, he was surprised at how he couldn't see all these facade on Maverick. He looked absolutely normal and no one would think that he had been through so much just to survive until now. It was very admirable that the Omega had remained strong despite all his trauma. He hadn't let all of this get to him and had continued to survive, holding on without breaking.

Maverick had gathered all his courage to finally stop his fate. He'd had enough! He no longer wanted to please anyone, not those disgusting people, and absolutely not his father. He was prepared to ruin everything in order to fight back, so it was now Tian Zi's job to do everything to help a friend in need since he had already promised that he would. He wouldn't let any of this be out in the public and ruin Maverick further. And in order to do this, he was doing some initial digging to find dirt from those people and oh boy he had found a lot! He was going to let Maverick know soon but for now, the Omega was downstairs meeting up with Fyre.

Since Maverick said yesterday that he wanted to talk to Fyre, Tian Zi called Fyre and claimed that it was urgent. At first, Fyre wasn't going to come thinking maybe Jonathan wanted to talk to him and that Tian Zi was helping him do so. He had already declined the Alpha last night when he'd called. Fyre really didn't want to see him now, remembering his drunken words, and luckily he had a valid reason to decline, saying he was going to be busy because he had to attend a friend's succession party. However, Tian Zi swore that it wasn't that and that he was going to find out if he came. He was a little suspicious, but he agreed to meet anyway, letting the Alpha know that he was going to be quick since he had other commitments later in the day.

He truly didn't want to go though, but since Tian Zi insisted that it was urgent and agreed that he would only be quick, then he no longer mind visiting for a quick trip. But upon arriving, what he didn't expect was to see Maverick waiting for him in the living room with such a shocking appearance.

He had a bandage around his neck, his left cheek had turned purple and black, and his lips seemed to have a cut as well. His handsome features had greatly decreased because of it but what he didn't understand was why the Alpha at Tian Zi's house? In the past years, Fyre discovered that the two were never really close to each other, this was the first time he had seen Maverick visit. He had just always thought that Tian Zi and Maverick had broken up after that time in Hawaii. But him being here today, does that mean they have gotten back together?

"Please, don't look at me like that, Fyre. This is not what you think it is. I am here for a different reason. Far from what you are thinking right now." Maverick suddenly said, seeing the confused expression on Fyre. It was a high possibility that the Omega was overthinking again so he quickly cut that off before another misunderstanding started to bloom.

"What? I don't know what you mean." Fyre said and awkwardly found a space to sit on from one of the couches. Maverick was his friend, but suddenly he was feeling uncomfortable again, remembering the past he had tried so hard to forget.

"Tian Zi's in his room doing something. I asked him not to come out because I wanted to talk to you, ...and apologize for causing such a huge misunderstanding between the two of you." Maverick said, not beating around the bush. Meanwhile, hearing him say this, Fyre frowned, not really knowing what the Alpha was talking about. He'd just arrived and was still shocked to see Maverick instead of Tian Zi and now he was apologizing to him? Not to mention, he looked like he'd been beaten up! This was all a little too hard to digest within just five minutes of his arrival. He had a lot of questions running in his mind.