96 - Didn't Believe it Himself

* * *

Soft and pleasing music resonated along with the sound of the water splashing against the sand, the people around consisted of mainly the loyal employees of the Mos estate and the main family including Mr. and Mrs. Lopez, everyone enjoyed their meals while they chatted. Today was Mo Tian Zi's 27th birthday and compared to his previous ones, this celebration was hosted by the celebrant himself. However, even though that was the case, as always, the celebrant was still missing. Fortunately, people were already used to it and didn't mind it that much.

"Have they gotten out of their room yet?" Laura Mo asked, seeing the young butler she ordered to go and check on Tian Zi and Fyre coming back.

"Not yet, Madam..." The young butler replied dejectedly. In his mind, he believed that the two—Tian Zi and Fyre—might have already escaped the celebration. The youngest master was never fond of gatherings and even though it was he who invited everyone this time, that doesn't mean that he was going to attend it. Of course, the birthday celebrant might have just dragged Fyre Long along with him as usual.

"Okay fine, thank you. Go can go ahead and continue with your lunch now," Laura dismissed with a sigh. Everyone in their villa already knew what had happened earlier this morning. They were all worried, especially Laura and Mo Chendong who witnessed how Fyre cried earlier and their son running after him.

"I hope they're talking things out nicely," Daniel conveyed, looking at his husband who didn't really care about the two. For him, if Tian Zi couldn't make his relationship work with his lover when they had just engaged days ago, then maybe they should reconsider this marriage. Marriage is a lifetime commitment and the young Alpha can't just simply decide to marry and later on decide again to divorce. He had to take responsibility for all his actions since he's no longer 15.

"Come on, brother-in-law, they're fine. If I guessed correctly they've probably just overslept after making love," Hanlu blurted with leisure that everyone on their table including the kids looked at him with mixed emotions.

"Oh my God, Luu~" Ian reacted, shaking his head left and right while massaging his temples. While the Alpha could be right, he didn't really have to voice it out. Thankfully, he chose a better word to say with the kids around but it was still not good to suddenly say it. After all, that was Tian Zi and Fyre's private life. If it was him, he wouldn't want to let others know he was having sex with Hanlu all the time.

"What? I'm just guessing. But what other reasons for them to miss the celebration? They fought and made up and probably, you know," Hanlu explained, defending himself. They're all adults and open-minded here and besides, the kids wouldn't understand anyway so he didn't see it as a problem. Of course, what Hanlu said was true and it was also what they were thinking but the Alpha was the only one who managed to say it out loud.

"Okay, enough with that, Xiao Luu. I'll be glad if what you said was true but if they end up breaking up because of this, you're coming with me to pray at the temple for your brother," Laura mentioned that Hanlu immediately opposed.

"What!? No way! I have a pregnant wife to take care of! I can't go anywhere!" Hanlu whined childishly while putting his palms over Ian's bulging stomach. Hanlu has already been under constant stress because his wife just wouldn't rest from his work and was stubborn enough to do unnecessary things so he can't be away from Ian at this moment or he might just see in the flash news about his wife chasing a criminal with a protruding belly. That's why he needed his full attention directed to him, also the reason why he's been working from home since day one.

"Luu, you're exaggerating. I'm fine with Lan alone. He'll take good care of me," Ian interrupted with a frown. Lan was supposed to be staying in a school dorm so he didn't have to spend time traveling back and forth every day but since the announcement of Ian's pregnancy, the child didn't mind traveling as long as he could see his mother every day and take care of him. After all, this was the sibling he was waiting for so long.