1|| You're like, ancient Soph

{Found an image that was closest to what I had in mind for her appartment}

Unedited~

• • •

"Are you sure you're okay? This isn't too hard on you is it?"

"No, Ma," Sophia sighed, running a hand down her face before pressing them into her temples, "I'm always happy to help out whenever I can."

"Really, thank you baby, you know how it gets over here, Jeremy just lost his job again and it's really starting to take a affect him, I have no other choice right now."

"Its okay," Sophia rolled her eyes at the mention of that name and got up, putting her phone on speaker then resting it on the counter.

Her left eye twitched as she withheld her irritation.

After two full years of repeatedly trying to convince her mother to drop the dead weight called Jeremiah Jones her efforts were left without success and, unsurprisingly, instances like these happening over and over again.

"I'll send the money later today Ma, look out for my message. I have to go right now or I'll end up being late for work. I need to leave right now, I'll call you later."

"Okay, love y-" her mother's telephonic voice was interrupted by a pitched, almost demonic, screech.

Sophia winced from where she stood, bowl in hand. She heard her mother's curse followed by a shout that was even louder than the screech and the call immediately disconnected.

Sophia could recognize the sound of her young brother's voice without any guesses. He was a little over two and a little demon in the flesh. In fact, she had two younger siblings, Mai, an eccentric 10 year old sister who drew on any pieces of stray paper she could find and Mikah, the 2 year old boy who's favorite passtime was trying to tear down the building and break the glass windows with his screams.

She'd only just moved out into an apartment closer to her new job three months ago yet she still had flashbacks of their rampaging.

Even so, her small one bedroom one bathroom studio styled flat was a bit unnervingly silent when she first got here. She was too used to the noise and it took a while getting used to the muted sound of the busy streets outside instead of her brother's screaming.

Following her everyday routine, that had been partially interrupted by her mother's call a few minutes ago. She emptied the rest of her cereal milk in the sink, turned on the faucet to rinse it away before stuffing the bowl into the dishwasher.

Sophia blew out a long breath, no longer having the appetite to finish. She checked the time on her phone and it was only 7 am which meant she still had a full hour and a half before work.

Yes. She had indeed lied to get her mom off the phone.

It was too early to start off her day with the woes of Jermiah and his supposed "job" that her mother would had certainly gotten deeply into explaining if the call hadn't disconnected. She just knew that the moment her mother withdrew the money she sent, Jeremy would be the first one to dip his grubby little paws in it.

Sophia even had the sneaking suspicion that the bastard had lied about the "job" he got this time.

Her mother couldn't work at the moment because of Mikah and Sophia could bet that the savings they had was depleting rapidly as the days went by. Mostly because her mom was now taking care of bills, herself, her two children and the big baby called Jermiah.

Sophia's mother rarely asked her for money but ever since she moved out to be closer to work after being promoted to the main branch, her mother's calls had become frequent. Not that Sopha minded, she had saved so much in a year, living at home rent free while working after graduating B City Uni, the entire time before her promotion. Only paying for the necessities.