49|| Exposed

Unedited~
• • •

Was this...heaven? Sophia had to keep wondering. Quite literally she felt like she was on cloud nine. Nothing could top what she felt and experienced over the last day or so. It was simply amazing what a confession could do for the soul and their relationship in general because right then till now...Sophia felt amazing. Free to feel and express her feelings in a way that made her stomach flutter. Something she never imagined herself being able to do so naturally before.

Elijah himself had become a lot more vocal, more than Sophia had thought possible and whenever he spoke Sophia found herself paying attention to every word.

It was amazing. Down right beautiful but unfortunately...when something was too good it was only a matter of time before things came to an end or some obstacles began popping up in the way. Ofcourse, Sophia was exaggerating but it was perfectly reasonable to do so. For context, Sophia woke up just now, still naked as the day she born. She was partially on top of Elijah. A leg strewn over his. It was still early and that much was clear by the dim darkness outside the windows. The comfortable cold in the air around them wasn't what jostled her out of her sleep though, it was actually Elijah's warmth.

No...Elijah was hot, very literally.

Sophia wiped the sleep from her eyes with the back of her hand and sat up in confusion, the soft comforter slid down, revealing her bare chest. She ran her leg, that was still on him, up his leg and was surprised by the heat radiating off his skin.

He was quite literally burning up. Sophia felt a touch of uneasiness and apprehension.

In her confusion, she lifted a hand to his forehead and then went to his neck. It was just as she thought. Did Elijah... have a fever?

Sophia's eyes widened and she hurried off the bed and immediately ran for her robe that was thrown over the sofa on the other side of the room. She threw it on then ran right back to the bed, staring down at Elijah with wide eyes. Unlike those times when he'd stir awake just from her slight movement against him, he hadn't woken or moved, still sleeping soundly with the tiniest frown.

Sophia blinked then began pacing. How on earth could this happen. Elijah getting sick? That sentence alone was unthinkable and scary! She thought hard, trying to remember any instance that could lead to this and after a few seconds, she stopped and straightened like a rod, eyes wide as saucers.

No fucking way...!

She ran to his side, leaning down to check his temperature with her hand once more and sure enough, nothing had changed.

Sophia could hardly believe Elijah could be reduced to this state because of a few droplets of rain. A day ago they stood in the rain for what couldn't be over some minutes and now, Elijah had supposedly caught a fever because of it. It surprised her because he seemed so fine the day before.

Sophia almost panicked then took a deep breath to calm herself. Taking care of a sick person was the least. She took care of her siblings when they fell sick on more than one occasion. She was used to it but for some reason when this sick person was a man who was so serious and firm in every way. Sophia didn't know whether to snap into action or run around frantically.

Sophia took a deep breath. Okay, water, he needed water plus a cold towel. She'd have to run downstairs to get that. Did they even have fever medication in this place? Sophia had no idea and she wasn't about to go search either because with the sheer size of this place, that could probably take forever.

Sophia debated with herself then came to a quick decision. She leaned forward and pressed a kiss to his forehead, muttering that she'd be back before almost running out of their room.