72||Cater to You

Unedited~
• • •

Sophia woke up to an empty room and an even emptier bed. It was cold, so much so that she was hesitant to leave the warmth of the layered comforter and sheets. Her eyes were still weighed down heavily with sleep but upon realizing the source of that warmth, her eyes shot open. Her drowsiness was gone just like that and she forced herself out of the haze and pushed herself up to sit on the wide bed. A wide and very empty bed.

Sophia looked around with tired eyes trying to spot any signs of life. But no, there was none. There was no one inside, save for her and the coldness nipped on her nose as if enunciating that fact.

She looked around once, twice yet nothing changed, the wide room, that could've filled 4 of hers back at her now empty appartment, was the very same each and every time.

Sophia blinked. This was a familiar sight, after all...wasn't this what she work up to on most days leading up to now? An empty bed and an even emptier bedroom.

Elijah was not here, that male.. he left again and the biting coldness of the room kept taunted her with this fact. Nothing was warmer than waking up to being held tught in his arms but one that in itself was a rarity.

Elijah was truly nowhere to be seen and it rouse a special type of dimness in her eyes... he wasn't here although he swore and promised he would be only a few days ago. After all today was his special day, just the thought of him up and leaving like this barely crossed her mind.

She hadn't even felt or heard him leaving the bed. That was odd since even the slightest motion of him slipping out of it like a theif in the night would rouse her from sleep. The more she looked around the darker her gaze and expression got. Sophia sat like this, frowning deeply for quite a while. Soon a very sinking feeling took up residence deep inside her chest.

That...that...man!

Sophia had a lot of choice words she wanted to say. Her head snapped to the large nightstand on one side of the bed. Her phone was still there and she dove for it. She'd call him and woe is he who answered.

Another minute flew by as if it had wings. The phone soon fell from her hands.

He hadn't answered her calls either.

It was so...odd. The frown etched into her face got worse and she stared at the phone. If eyes could disintegrate, the phone would've been a handful of dust left on the bed.

Sophia looked away chewing on her bottom lip with a million thoughts flying through her brain. Maybe something happened? Maybe something important came up
...? Maybe someone died?

She only thought the absolute worst as her theories went further.

Before her anxiety hit its peak, she harshly came out of her reverie with an audible and very disappointed sigh. Later, she'd think on it a little later... right now her bladder was urging her elsewhere.

She came back to the present and immediately remembered the coldness.

Her body shivered like a leaf in windy season and she almost recoiled after her feet hit the ground. The ground was like ice on the soles of her feet, she quickly shoved her feet into the cutesy blue house slippers. It was so cold that her joints felt stiff as she grabbed her robe and put it on.

It was never usually this cold and Sophia soon realized why the second she looked and spotted source. That being the wide open windows on the other side of the wide room.

Damn it-! She cursed. She must've forgot to close the windows plus the air outside smelled of light rain, the sun hadn't risen but the morning was already getting brighter. Her hands were too weak and sensitive to pull the large window panes closed so she drew the blinds instead then hurried off before another small gust of wind hit her.