48|| Say it

Unedited~
• • •

Sophia coughed, turning away to hide just how flustered she'd become. Her cheeks were scaldingly hot, like literal fire, and no matter how many times she tried to calm herself down back to normal, it just wouldn't work because of the...efforts of a certain man.

A date. This was supposed to be a date yet Sophia couldn't find it in her to sit and enjoy it calmly.

"Sophia," the cushion next to her sunk as he took the liberty of drawing himself closer, like he did so many times before in their fun little game of cat and mouse. The humor in hus eyes were unmistakable. Sophia went still as she felt his hands on her thigh. He held her firmly in the spotless white sofa."-Do you not want to drink with me?"

Sophia tore her eyes from the glass in his hands and her eyes snapped to him. "You drink it."

"Me?" he laughed a little, "but I poured it for you, and it's non alcoholic-"

"Well I'm not thirsty," she forced out. It wasn't that she didnt want it, she knew this was another one of his little ploys to get her ontop of him all over again. Just now when he offered that drink, the more she stretched for it the further he held it so Sophia simply gave up. She didnt know how he managed to look innocent through it all. Elijah was strangely playful all of a sudden, Sophia liked it but was sure it would cost her some pieces of her sanity by the end of the day.

His hand trailed up her thigh, making her jump. Goosebumps broke out on her skin just as fast. Sophia sucked in a breath and her eyes narrowed upon meeting his. "We're in public," she hissed quietly, her face still burning, "must you sit this close?"

Yes, they were indeed in public in Sophia's opinion. Elijah noticably thought differently and was unphased. At current, they sat inside a closed room/privatized area that was large enough to be someone's bedroom, it was sparce save for a large table, additional couches and chairs but was still decorated very exquisitely. 

The only window was one similar to Elijah's home design. Floor to ceiling windows that was wide enough for two person to stand inside which opened to a small balcony overlooking the open dining area down below. Many sat and dined in the light shade from the building surrounding it on all sides, it looked like an outdoor dining experience that was also inside. It looked amazing down there too but Sophia didn't want to step not even a toe into that crowd.

Why? Well after coming here, Sophia quickly came to the conclusion that they were severely underdressed to be in such a place.

And Elijah...that male. At first he said nothing about their...date. Who could blame her for thinking he was simply taking her out on a short joyride. Just imagine her surprise when they ended up here.

Elijah was simply too extra for his own good. In fact, Sophia was sure if she went and looked up the definition of extra, his name would be there in bold letters.

And finally...him moving on a whim out of nowhere wasn't her only small problem either...

Elijah placed the glass down on the small coffee table without a care in the world. He finally gave up all pretenses and his hands curled around her waist. Sophia yelped softly as he tugged her into his lap. He smiled, lifting a hand to run down the side of her cheek. "Not close enough in my opinion."

A moment went by, one short yet prolonged moment of them being lost in the other's gaze. Sophia saw his gaze drop and she immediately felt warning bells go off inside her head. "H-hey!" She slapped his hand but it was akin to slapping unmovable stone. "Time and place-!" She huffed out. If he kissed her here... let's just saw those diners and waiters would have a surprise in the next few minutes or so. Sophia didn't trust herself to not melt, her firmness was as flexible as a bucket of play-dough before him.