69|| Bittersweet

Unedited~
• • •

As he sat while deeply thinking to himself, on a chair located a good ways away from the festivities of the night...Isaac Anderson felt a little uncomfortable..somewhat.

It was a good day, -no, it was a good week overall for him yet he did not find himself overly enjoying the outcome of this similarly to his temporary acquaintance/partner.

Far removed from the atmosphere, Isaac sat in contemplative silence, almost brooding in a way, staring into the glass of white wine without reservations.

His behavior had to be odd to others but he hardly cared of anything outside the scope of his own opinions. And thinking back everything went off without a hitch. It was so perfectly done yet this morning he woke up in discomfort and also with an awful disk in his neck that worsened this discomfort.

He sighed, efforts to find the source of his discomfort was lacking. The stress ate at him daily but today it was worse. So much so that his entire head of hair had already become thin silver gray.

As he sat in brooding silence that nearly vacuumed the lively atmosphere around him, he was soon brought out of his daze by dainty hands wrapped around his neck and a woman who was as slippery as an eel sliding into his lap.

The woman, who had no name he could remember, smiled at him with eyes like a fox and leaned closer. Isaac's eyes got even more dull at her action, she was not Sienna and it irked him. With a simple movement of his leg, she lost most of her balance and nearly tumbled off him. Her eyes hardened but she stubbornly persisted.

Isaac grounded his teeth, then sighed.

"-Is that any way to treat a lady? Mr Anderson? Or can I still call you Isaac?" It wasn't the woman who spoke, but a man who walked up to where he sat, holding a smaller glass with 
seemingly a stronger beverage.

His name was Lawson, the owner of this fine...establishment, and his light and easy going gaze exposed just how pleased he was with the current situation both in and outside right now. Isaac knew it wasn't a stretch. After he offended Elijah Osoro years ago, Lawson kept to she shadows with all his dealings simply because the behemoth called Osoro.co threatened to swallow his operations if the man himself willed it.

Now, with Elijah Osoro being 'out of commission'... Lawson was able to go public without a hitch under the chaos. He was able to open this establishment and also place a few others around the country. Isaac respected the man's efficiency but there was a problem that could not be overlooked and it left him with unease.

Both of them were...partners in crime one could say but Isaac's tolerance of this man was already going down at breakneck speed.

"Hm," Isaac made a simple sound in response and placed down his wine glass. Then he went on to physically remove the woman off him. She glared at him with the fierceness of a thousand suns then stomped away.

Lawson watched her go with a still smile planted on his face while Isaac simply took up his glass again with the remaining wine.

"You know..." Lawson began after a few moments of silence, a certain hardness in his eyes. "She was the only one here who agreed to keep your company," he smiled, "I don't know if you realized it yet but you're quite...old. And its hard to get my girls to lay with someone so...soggy."

A tiny muscle in Isaac's jaw twitched but other from that, he appeared nonplussed. Lawson's lame attempt at irking him fell flat.

"What's your reason for seeking me out now?" Isaac asked, choosing to ignore his previous statement. Lawson's smile didn't fade.