57|| Hurt people

Unedited~
• •

"Why..." Juliannes voice came out a little choked up as she tried to speak.

Her voice was filled with a lot of emotion yet hardly expressed the extent of her hurt and frustration. "-Why would he say that..." she sniffled, Julianne's eyes as she watched the door that was now empty of her son's presence was fogging up, mostly in disbelief.

An entire minute later she turned to her husband, Dominic who looked resigned. His eyes now were a lot more tired than usual and it was as if there was a dark shadow casted over his face.

Juilianne's bottom lip trembled a little as she spoke, remembering Elijah's words and reference to his sister, their daughter before he left the room. Beyond that, she heard nothing else. "How could he say that to me.. I'm his mother...why would he-"

"Don't think to much of it, Juilianne, he's just..." Dominic searched for something, anything yet came up blank as he did so.

In that regard to that specific topic, Elijah was always cold, unfeeling and some would say, provocative whenever it touched the surface. Out of all their children, Elijah was the only one who took the news of her leaving very badly. One could even say he changed his entire temperament over the course of days.

His mother stepping into the situation now...maybe that triggered him in some way. It was Dominic's only hypothesis.

His wife waited for him to finish abd whe he could not she straightened and wiped her eyes harshly, a very unfitting contrast to the grace and prose she preached to her children and everyone else.

Evangeline sat silently at that moment. Siting still and remaining silent yet unsure of what was going on. She seldomly saw her parents go back and forth like this so it was a very strange experience for her at current.

She was so quiet that the adults in the room seemed to have forgotten her presence.

Julianne couldn't get over it and she knew even her husband felt it, as unphased as he seemed now, she heard his short gasp so it wasn't her alone who was affected by the statement.

She pressed on,"-Miranda was our daughter too, why would he say something so hurtful."

"Julie-"

"And I didn't even mean to-"

"I get it," he immediately interrupted her before she could work herself into a fit. "-Its awful...it's very painful and, right now, one could even say a statement like that was very uncalled for but I understand- I understand him."

Julianne was surprised for the second time today. She gasped again, a perplexing look on her face and in her eyes as if she couldn't imagine her husband not taking her side in all of this.

This was an entirely separate matter too. Woth what happened back then...She understood and wasn't brazen enough to act like it wasn't her fault. It nearly put her in the hospital when her daughter just got up and left, leaving the one request to be disowned from this family as her last wish. The matter was dragged out for nearly a month and as her daughter went ghost, her son regarded her with dead lifeless eyes, the blame in them unmistakable. It got better over the years didn't it? It wasn't as if she didn't try... Try to get their daughter to come back home.

Miranda was stubborn and selfish, they were forced to give up completely and overtime her son slowly began warmingbuo to her again. His statement just now was not only hurtful...it was an awful dig at old painful memories.

Plus the fact that there was barely an ounce of remorse in his tone. Julianne felt like crying. How did it turn out like this...?

"-Why did you meddle Julianne?"