58|| Importance

Unedited~
• • •

Elijah was very busy. If fact, he was always a busy man but in the weeks before he always found ways to get work done in his own time. In his home while Sophia busied herself, he worked while Sophia slept, in any brief moment when there was something of great importance that needed his immediate attention, he left her for some agonizing hours and got it done in record time. He hadn't minded those days and it wasn't something he, who was already used to over 12 hrs work of work per day, would find himself complaining about.

His tasks weren't as arduous back then and there had been no new tasks at that time that gravely needed his attention. However, right now, times had changed for maybe the worst and he slowly found himself slipping back into prolonged hours of work.

It didnt bother him...much. Working was his life, his personality even his hobby. However...when it started to interfere and become a barricade, he couldn't help his rising annoyance.

The scattered pieces and fallout from that media incident some time ago did affect his company somewhat and even those meetings with high executives (who smartly avoided the topic and reason altogether), did nothing to speed up the process in picking up those scattered pieces, regaining lost revenue and mend unfavorable outside opinions. And not only that he couldn't avoid meeting with various shareholders either. Very few times he had to placate and reasssure that bunch and they sure as hell jumped to get this chance.

And it was not only that...dodging his family's contact attempts and barely disguised complaints of him "disrespecting the family's elders" on top of this was starting to irk him greatly. He didnt know which wind on earth blew in and made develop this obscene idea that they had any right to throw criticism his way.

Elijah sat in his office now mostly in silence and only a select few knew he was in today and also the days before. He wouldn't put it past them to try and intercept him so he kept his whereabouts mostly unknown.

His family didnt scare him, not one bit nor was he a slave to their idea of proper.He planned to deal with that issue in the near future but definitely not now when he was slowly becoming busier with work.

Plus...with the little hours if free time he had during the days, he planned to use that time...elsewhere.

As he worked he couldn't help that his eyes would briefly leave the monitor of his  laptop to glance at the view around him. A picturesque scenery it was indeed. His office was the same, like how it always had been, the floor to ceiling glass window panels behind him overlooked the busy city without allowing any of the noise to slip inside and his desk, although crowded with confidential files and important documents, was orderly and organized. He was already through over half of the pile Jiho deposited onto his desk a few hours before.

Ues. He agreed that the view was the same as ever...but, what made it picturesque was the other occupant sitting in a world of her own inside the luxury that was his office sofa.

Instead of Jiho as the other occupant inside his office, it was Sophia. Elijah had to tempoarily dismiss Jiho to his own office because he still stubbornly followed Elijah around, staying loyal to his job as Elijah's personal assistant, that was even after regaining access to his wealth, inheritance and assets. Elijah found Jihos sad eyes as he left mildly amusing but he didn't linger on it longer.

Elijah was very satisfied, seeing her sitting there without a care in the world while he worked. Sophia was in a world of her own too. Before Jiho left she found some mysterious way to snatch of the device he always carried around and was doing God knows what with it.

To the surprise, she didn't mind that he had gotten so busy and instead followed him around very closely while looking her best instead of staying at their new temporary residence at one of his loft apartments.