13|| Fail Safe Plan

Unedited ~

• • •

Sophia marched down the corridor with heavy steps -as heavy as her simple, 4 inch black suede, work heels would allow. Sophia walked with her shoulders hunched as if the world was wearing down on her. A heavy burden on her shoulders. She clutched her bag underneath her arm.

A scowl was deeply etched onto her face, face scrunched up as if she tasted something sour.

Sophia opened her doors and closed it with a soft click, making sure to lock it with both her keys.

Seeing that it was properly locked, she turned away from it and slouched over, dropping her bag and everything on the floor. Kicking off her heels then walking tiredly down the short passage between the wall and her tiny kitchen counters. Sophia soon collapsed onto her bed in the dim darkness of her apartment. Burying her face into the sweet smelling covers.

A date...

Sophia couldn't believe she allowed it to go that far.

The gravity of the situation only hit her after she got far away from Elijah's presence and his smile that disarmed her completely, making her mind go blank.

Manipulative bastard.

Sofia released a muffled groan into the covers.

She was so caught up back then, she  even forgot to report to Ethan and had to go back inside that stupid fucking room to get the stuff she left inside.

It was as if his presence was still lingering inside, like a ghost breathing down her neck. Remembering how he had her pressed against the door as he stood solidly infront of her only made Sophia's face hot. She couldn't help herself and almost stumbled on her way.

Again she couldn't believe...it. For a moment she regretted not running away but after remembering the situation that led to that meeting, she absolutely could not allow herself to feel regret.

Why even? Why did he have to go that far just for a date. Why did he want to take her out that badly.

Sophia couldn't understand it.

And she agreed to that date. She agreed even though a huge pessimistic part of her wanted to refuse.

It would only get harder from that date and onwards. She tried to stomp and smother it out from its beginner stages, keeping the flame from sparking.

But alas.

It was stubborn. And burned brightly as ever, like a small candle in a dark room.

And he made it so fucking hard not to like him. Soon that tiny candle flame in the darkness would become a raging inferno. She was afraid of the possibility of getting burned.

Sofia held her chest, hoping to calm her fast beating heart but that did nothing to slow the thudding against her ribcage.

She had a date with Elijah.

Elijah Osoro.

It was final and he'd call her soon...very soon. When was very soon exactly? Sophia hadn't the slightest clue.

Sophia groaned again, the muffled sound was louder than before.

She avoided using his card for many reasons. Even as she worried about his status she still had to agree that hearing that low deep and husky voice in her ear, one that can only be described as the sexiest sound she'd ever heard, was too much for her weak, starved and currently frail body.