71|| Art of Gathering Information

Unedited~
• • •

How many days had it been already? Sophia always found herself pondering. It felt like time was moving at breakneck speed and Sophia could hardly keep up with anything outside focusing on 'recovering' from weeks old injuries.

Elijah, bless his soul, had not one but three nurses on call(without including the attentive Garcia), not to mention Yuri who looked like he'd seen better days. It was taking more than few weeks and Elijah's urgency in regards to this shouldn't have surprised her but it did. Especially since it was almost as if he neglected his own care.

He always had somewhere to be. Constantly moving around to get things done, ignoring Yuri who ran behind him like a tail carrying pills each day. Sophia could bet... if Elijah could buy some magical healing potion, he'd do so in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, they didn't live in fantasy land where that was possible.

Thankfully, in these few weeks, both of them more than visibly improved. Sophia especially felt good not having to wear bandages and even better, the scarring was minimal. She had a support system, probably the best medical care in the entire country and they had each other.

Could there be anything more a person could need?

'Yes', Sophia was amazed to discover, 'there was'.

It was a few hours into the dead of the night Sophia was quietly enjoying the cool night air. This was one thing she could always appreciate while being here, there was a specific freshness to the atmosphere that couldn't be found in the city and she enjoyed it very much.

It was soothing and it also became her routine now, to come up here for a breath of air before bed or to sit and read a book sometimes after her company went back. She especially waited on Elijah in this very room daily. Regardless of how late it was, he always found his way back and maybe that's why it never bothered Sophia...until now.

His villa was huge and the occasional dead silence was a bane to her soul when her family and friends weren't here. Not to mention the slight and constant echo whenever she made the simplest of actions. Elijah also assured her too...That they were only here for quiet and uninterrupted recovery of their injuries for the time being. He wanted her to treat their time here like a vacation of some sorts, if it helped and it did help at first but overtime, like right now, it didn't.

She had a bone to pick with that man.

Sophia didn't like feeling left out yet kept her thoughts under wraps when they settled down to bed. Being held so tightly made her too comfortable to speak. Still...she had never seen him so busy and couldn't really guess what on earth was going on with him.

Usually she'd quiz Jiho but the young man had basically disappeared. Amelia was her next option and the young lady didn't disappoint, she went into great details actually and gave some light where Sophia started to feel dim. 

It became clear to Sophia and that's why she sat up now, waiting to confront him. She learnt that this was Elijah's awful habit. Amelia took a lengthy time explaining.

Sophia was still riddled with a very obscure and amiable feeling. To think it included issues he had with his own damn birthday.

Yes, that was what it was.

Gripes with his own special day.

He wasn't fond of celebrating it so what did he do? In the days leading up to it he worked and busied himself so much that he had excuses to dodge the huge celebration and the crowd he would have to entertain if he wasn't elsewhere or otherwise occupied.