36|| His Persistence

Unedited~
• • •

'It cannot continue like this', Sophia murmered as she hauled herself forward, walking as normal as she could manage in the current moment. It was a miracle really...A miracle how she was able to get out of bed early today, follow her routine and make it up to this point.

Things felt as if were slowly going back to normal. Her mom and siblings went back to the house which completed all maintenance. That in itself was surprising how the maintenance workers managed on the same day yet Sophia couldn't question it nor Elijah's sudden appearance considering what she said over that phone on a whim.

Somehow...Sophia made it back home to her appartment building in strange silence beside a man who only smiled and sparsely spoke for reasons she was unsure of. She was confused at first about why Elijah seemed to be suspiciously hurrying back and had directed her into his apartment instead of her's while keeping his unnerving silence.

He didn't even bring up what she said over the phone to tease her which made Sophia even more questioning but she soon got her answer to the unspoken questions. It wouldn't be a stretch to say the man quite literally attacked her after their feet went over the threshold.

And that was only putting it slight.

Sophia sighed then straightened her back. Planting her feet into the ground and looking back over her shoulder at the said man who stood just outside his car, leaning on it casually and maintaining an air of coolness. Sophia swore the only thing he needed to complete that look was a cigar or something stuffed between his lips. He wore the dark and mysterious persona very well...except the eyes that stayed trained on her that was anything but cold.

He watched her with a humorous gaze as if to say I told you so. That knowing look he held was the bane of her existence. Sophia could only moan internally how unfair the entire thing was. Of course, he looked good as fucking new yet it was her that still felt like a mess after an entire day went by.

Sophia sucked on her teeth but wouldn't give in to his satisfaction. She huffed and turned away. Walking even faster to get out of his sight. Her usual routine was threatened because now it felt like the elevator was a hundred miles away from where it should be.

She couldn't even berate the man for standing out in the open, like she would've done if this were weeks ago. Mostly because she had better things to worry about, like getting to her office while pretending her tiredness was invisible and the familiar soreness between her legs, nonexistent.

She only cursed at him inside her mind. Did he truly have no limits to the extent he'd go, tormenting her?

And just by the look in his eyes just now, Sophia knew this wasn't the last of it. She didn't know if the feeling eating away at her chest was excitement or fear.

Could it be a combination of both?

Seconds later she got to the elevator and had to breathe a sigh of relief only for that relief to get sucked right back in as she took another short look over her shoulder.

Elijah, for the first time in ever since he began driving her to work, was walking over to where she stood. His hands left his pockets as he got closer and Sophia immediately began thinking the worst, she looked around hurriedly while taking small steps back until her b
ask touched the wall.

The entire underground area was empty as expected but that fact didn't reassure her. Staking her down like this...surely he wouldn't...kiss her right now would he?

Elijah stopped before her and simply stood for a second, much to her relief, however the words that left his lips after made her lips pull down into a frown.