26|| Much too Impulsive

Unedited
• • •

"What are you doing here-"

Marcelo spoke with a short laugh, not hiding his surprise. He felt his lighter moments later but didn't bother pulling it out from his pocket as he walked to greet the man dressed and poised in a suit, standing aimlessly.

The other man who stood in the long deserted hallways of the hotel froze upon hearing footsteps. He then whirled around, looking just a surprised after facing Marcelo.

"-Jiho?" Marcelo continued with a raised brow.

Jiho, who was caught off guard, quickly gathered his bearings into the now upstanding man he was then he faced Marcelo. He pursed his lips before speaking, eyes snapping to the device in his hands that Marcelo hadn't bothered to look at.

"Marcel-" Jiho replied, his voice was barely above a whisper. He debated on what to say but came up blank, ignoring the question entirely.

Jiho...to but it simply -was annoyed.

Annoyed was putting it slight, he was more than annoyed at this moment. Jiho was irritated beyond belief.

For context, it took an entire hour of him pacing around in his apartment, thinking and debating with himself whether or not to say 'fuck it' and go find Marcelo. In the end, he ignored that fine voice in his mind and succumbed, marching out and easily finding out where Marcelo usually resided. Utilizing his already deep contacts.

'I'm only going for my compensation, nothing more' Jiho convinced himself over and over while driving. Did it manage to keep those fine voices at bay? Not really. Yet he did it anyway.

Nothing could've prepared him for the traials and tribulations he had to face after finally reaching that destination that wasn't too far from where he lived. The sheer amount of minutes he had to spend in one spot, standing around and waiting for the bastard. At first he was sure and 100% convinced that Marcelo was inside, staying silent and not opening the door just to take a piss at him but then it became very apparent that Marcelo was simply nowhere to be found.

To make things worse Jiho couldn't even try to contact the man through calling because it seemed as if that man never had any phone on him whatsoever.

Jiho always felt he was the most unprofessional one nowadays, however Marcelo easily took that cake. Swiping it off the table with quick and nimble fingers.

"You...Richardson," Jiho continued, hurling out Marcelo's surname like an insult.

"Yes," Was Marcelo's quick reply. "I?" he walked forward, not stopping until he was close enough to Jiho, planting that disgustingly sweet smile on his face.

"No phone?" Jiho was biting back just as quickly, "At your big big position, at your big age?"

"Oh," Marcelo raised another brow, hands in his pockets, "You were calling?"

Jiho went to nod then had to pause before doing so. He didn't like Marcelo's tone or the look in his eyes. His voice was patronizing yet his eyes seemed all knowing. As if he knew Jiho would've come around.

Jiho sucked on his teeth. Had he been that predictable?

Jiho thought for a few more seconds then shook those thoughts away before they began disturbing his inner peace, "As a matter of fact...I did call."

"Oh...? For what reason?" Marcelo tilted his head sideways. Jiho had to admit, him doing that with a cigarette in his mouth was distracting.

Marcelo eyes widened a bit as he took a once over of Jiho, then it was as if a lightbulb went off on top of his head, "Wait...are you really here to take up on my offer?" He was suddenly smiling again, cheshire cat-like.