18|| Shameless

Unedited~
• • •

The second her eyes met his Sophia wanted to melt into a puddle and evaporate into thin air. Her bravado felt comical and whatever preparation she repeatedly practiced while going down the elevator to tell him off felt like it was lacking.

Right...how could she forget.

He was also a reason that contributed to her having sleepless nights.

Two days ran by yet the memories were as fresh as ever. Sofia was aggrieved and chewed on her bottom lip as she say down stiffly.

Would she always feel like this whenever this man was around? The thought was worrying and Mr Osoro, that...insufferable bastard simply smiled as she sat down, looking as he expected nothing less.

It was that damned smile of his. As if she hadn't suffered enough already these past few nights.

He wore a suit instead of the usual, jacket thrown over the backseat, only wearing a vest over his well ironed, spotless white dress shirt, sleeves rolled up with his strapped arm brace still firmly in place. His hair was neatly slicked back and he sat in his seat so casually yet with a domineering air.

His dark eyes held something indecipherable. Sophia's earlier intent to curse him for stealing her lunch break died on her lips.

Fucking hell. He hadn't even said a word yet her traitorous body was behaving so...traitorously.

Sophia did not know if it was possible but had her feelings really multiplied over those few days... without her knowledge? Surely those dirty secret fantasies she'd never admit to having hadn't sped things up...did they?

Sophia would not take responsibility, it was his fault.

She swallowed thickly and looked away, fixing her seatbelt before he had a chance to try and do so again. Then she turned her entire attention to the view of the empty parking lot outside, through the tinted car windows.

Peace. She was preaching internal peace. Not only that but also levelheadedness. Hell knew she needed it. Sophia could admit that being in such an enclosed space with him only a few spaces away from her was not helping her quest to find peace.

Maybe absence really was a surefire way to make the heart grow fonder.

She waited for him to speak about why he felt the need to meet with her now but heard nothing after a few seconds ran by. Sophia frowned and her gaze slid back to him in suspicion only to see that he was already staring in her direction.

He looked...concerned?

Mr Osoro immediately reached over, gathering her face in his hands.

Sophia made a sound that sounded suspiciously similar to a squeak, grasping one of his hands that caressed her cheeks, with eyes going wide as saucers. Her stomach fluttered weirdly.

"Sophia, what happened?" He asked after a short moment of silence, his eyes observing her face up close.

Sophia almost melted completed under his touch and concern before she caught herself, moving his hands away and twisting out of his hold.

She could hardly think with his face this close to hers. Plus he held her face so gently just now. Why didn't he just kiss her and get it over with, grabbing her so intimately...

It left so much room for her and her overthinking mind to have a fucking field day.

"W-why did you call me here?" Sophia caught herself, her face burning. She almost forgot how tired she had been before meeting him.