17|| Overreaching

Unedited~
• • •

Sophia was tired, so tired she found it hard to keep her eyes open completely to stare on the monitor on her desk before her. Still she pressed on, like a zombie, hitting keys as she typed out and collected data and the proceedings of her team. Figures that were usually easy to handle felt like a chart of incomprehensible numbers.

She made sure to go over everything very slowly.

"Sophia."

She heard her named being called and paused, turning her attention off the screen and towards Seong who stood not to far behind her.

"Hmm?"

"Are you okay...you look like death."

Sophia made a small dismissive sound in response.

"-There's no way this is healthy..." Seongs voice trailed off into tensed silence as Sophia's tired and nearly bloodshot eyes fell on him. His eyes looked over her desk with unmuted concern, more specifically on the three cups of coffee she chugged down one after the other. Only one cup of coffee was left, and it was already down to the final quarter.

He froze, pursing his lips before quickly looking away. This was already his forth time coming up to her with these words. Sophia was glad he was concerned at first but it quickly got old. Especially since she replied the same every single time.

"Don't mind him Sophia," her other team member pushed him to the side, it was Sera, who's gaze was also filled with utmost concern.

Sophia could understand why. This was probably the first in ever she ever looked this haggard. She walked in like a zombie only hours before.

"I wont," Sophia replied with a yawn, going back to typing out her listings and sorting figures into the spreadsheet she was currently working on. All this still in preparation for her end of month review that was drawing nearer and nearer.

Seong mumbled something under his breath as he walked back, ducking his head behind his computer before anyone could spot him.

Sophia looked up, shooting him a glare. Sophia heard him loud and clear.

He held up both hands in surrender. "Hey, don't get mad at me, I tried to help out didn't I, you were the one who refused."

Sophia rolled her eyes, going back to ignoring him.

For context. Days ago, after finding out exactly what was going down in the appartment next to hers, she had immediately called Seong and Kayla, complaining.

Both were shocked, mostly because they knew just how horribly staunch and unmoving the old man was when it came to his appartment complexes. To think someone could get him to budge really proved that the right amount of money could achieve anything.

The first thing they offered after hearing this was for her to come and spend the time over at their places, whichever she one chose. Much to their surprise, Sophia had indeed refused.

Why?

Mostly because she spent a good amount of the day spying through the tiniest crack in her door, pacing around, waiting for the slightest glimpse of someone who happened to look like the new owner to give then a good piece of her mind.

All while wearing the special and very fresh off the supply line, noise cancelling headphones she bought. Ordering it online as quickly as she could.

She got the headphones and continued her task and searching but was she successful?

No.

Not yet at least.