56|| Contempt

Unedited~
• • •

Elijah's family was huge.

No...huge doesn't begin to describe it.

It was in a sense, no different than the Osoro.co conglomerate on a whole. Including a main family who were basically the 'face' of the operations. Then that main family branched of to even more people who had even more kids and grandkids and relatives from marriages and unions.

These people were little giants on their own, topping their relevant fields and basically spreading the Osoro name worldwide. The combined profits racked in per year was in the billions and that was enough to put this family on the global leading scale.

While Elijah and everyone else barely made mention of his aunts and uncles, that did not mean those aunts and uncles didn't exist. The older generation of Osoros were also quite the characters, Sophia was hearing. It was a family that came from old money, had old "values" and documents that could go way back. An old family spanning many generations yet Elijah alone took a flame that had plateaued years ago, saw opportunities and took it up to another notch. While some were there to doubt, very few could turn an eye at his contributions. It was that respect that he amassed which led to no "fishy business" and by fishy business...it usually meant stuff like being forced into marriages done to stretch the family name.

It was archaic but what else to expect from a family like his?

Not only did Elijah have respect, he even thwarted many efforts of his other aunts and uncles back then, taking the reins himself and leading the family. One could say he'd cemented and chained himself down to his rightful spot.

As she learnt more about this man, it was impossible to not compare and briefly find herself being swept up by the huge impression and influence he carried. A man like that...was unparalleled, smart, flawless, handsome...the entire package. She caught the gaze of a man like that from being stuck inside an elevator. Briefly falling to their deaths truly inspired the spark of something risque yet amazing.

Usually the Osoro family spanned out like a blanket over the entire world, living out their days in various countries, most still contributing to the company's brand and working in the company's best interest.

There were even a quiet rule in the family. They had a collective reverence for age and regarded the older generation with high respect.

They were everywhere. A few people carrying the Osoro name were even actual celebrities, models and the youngest could even be influencers. Sophia could not stop herself from blinking wildly back then as she went over the summarized info.

Truly a power family and there were very few places to see a family moving like a well oiled machine elsewhere.

They were people of class of course.. Were they possibly judgy? maybe. Uptight in some areas? Definitely. Rich and powerful? Abso-fucking-lutely.

And now...a good heavens handful of those very wealthy and possibly uptight group of people had swarmed around like bees. They took over, quite literally. Elijah's home wasn't a safe space in Sophia's opinion anymore and she guessed that the moment they pulled through those huge gates, the ones that separated the huge building and property from the outside world, their eyes would be on her and her alone.

Sophia who was very much used to the the place bring empty of guests with only some employees, Garcia and some drivers here and there...didn't know what to feel beyond some nerves eating at her system. Sophia peeked up the driveway and her eyes went wide.