||Content With You {MN extras 1/?}

Unedited~
• • •

Sophia should've been tired. At this exact moment she should've been completely swamped, no energy left to even sit upright but the fatigue that weighed her down a little over half an hour ago had vanished the second they left the exhaustive company of their extended family and friends, drove some miles and boarded a private jet that had been stalling for who knew long.

In her defense, who on earth wouldn't be drained. Her and Elijah's family combined were a riot, especially when the younger ones and the other...less inviting company left them to their means. Sophia just barely managed to get another drink in before they left, did so under the influence of both Seong's and (surprisingly) Miranda's cheering combined, much to Elijah's obvious exasperation.

The others simply did not want them to leave so soon and they nearly succeeded in keeping them longer too before Elijah took a firm stand, took her up and practically stole her away before anyone knew where the wind was blowing.

Now, at present, the air between them was calm and serene as the night sea yet with something underlying, a connection so new and heavy between them. Sophia already had time to rest in the few minutes car ride and now, as they sat leisurely on plush seats wide enough for both of them to occupy one, inside a contraption so high up at cruising altitude...the need to sleep left her completely and it was time to think..

Her heart beats were heavy thuds against her chest, vastly betraying how calm and content she appeared to Elijah on the outside. As she thought about everything in the span of minutes, she quickly developed a new habit. The ring around her finger was foreign and would take longer to get used to and using another finger, she felt along the tiny embedded stones which led a short path up to a much larger diamond that dazzled the eye and caught even the tiniest light.

God!

She was engaged now. It hadn't even been a full year. And yet here she was.

Soon to be married to a guy most could only dream about. Not just any guy. Mr Elijah Osoro. A man in his very own class, who achieved what so many others could only do after their hairline started receeding and their faces wrinkled into aged grapes from old age.

One man.

Her man.

Sophia felt like cursing. She really should stop overly thinking about it. Her nerves only increased imagining exactly what would come after. It wouldn't be an easy feet, sliding into a family like Osoro's but Sophia was prepared...she hoped she was. But there was only so much she could do.

The more his family warmed up to the idea (which they hadn't a choice but to do, really), the more she'd have to assume a role that felt like it was beyond her. And her family, her own family wouldn't be the same...couldn't stay the same life as before.

It filled her with all types of conflicting emotions, neither of which were bad. She would simply have to endure especially woth his parents. The tension was still there, an obvious rift between them, they'd have no choice but to settle it now although, from that day, she hadn't even held a few words of conversation with either of them...or anyone else in his family except his siblings for that matter. Sophia nearly cringed. Oh...joy.

There was so many things to worry herself with but after a short while, Sophia took in and exhaled a deep breath, pushing all those issues to the great depths of her mind. Trivial to burden herself now, -plus why even bother? She had him, didn't she...? Elijah Osoro, all to herself. She won, what else could a girl do beyond bathe in the sweetness of it all. She didn't know how she managed but to snag a man like Osoro, but the results proved she had to be doing something right, her confidence blossomed to new heights and Sophia promptly ignored the reality that really, it was herself being snagged and snared by Elijah instead.