65|| Under Pressure

Unedited~
• • •

There wasn't a lot that could describe the feeling coursing through her body at this exact moment.

Sophia felt...weird, her heart beat was loud in her ear and the sinking feeling inside her chest made her hairs stand on end.

Sophia, although barely awake, didn't really know fully what to make of her...situation. In fact, she couldn't do so even if she tried.

She felt...oddly light, as if suspended midair after running a marathon, that feeling soon plagued her with short of breath and a weird sense of drowsiness that prevented her from staying awake fully.

Around her, there were always voices. Infact, it felt like days went by yet the hazy voices never left and whenever she tried to focus on one, it felt as if she over exhausted herself and needed almost a full hour to recuperate. She couldn't smell, taste or feel a thing in this hazy exhausted state nor could she see the bright light beyond her eyelids, but she heard everything. Although...making the sounds form into words were a task within itself.

If anything, her condition could be closest and clinically described to a state of drug indused high that numbed her senses to the point where she was completely delirious. Sophia had no way of knowing or seeing the team of highly skilled individuals who worked hard, some even sweating as they did their very best to bring her away from deaths door.

To Sophia who went in an out of conciousness repeatedly, with what felt like an hour interval inbetween, it was no different than a secluded nightmare. Although there were times she resurfaced and heard the chaotic rush, most of her time was spent dead to the world and when noise finally left, there was only dead silence.

She truly had no concept of the flow of events happening around her and Sophia could barely remember what led her up to this point.

When Sophia finally regained her sense of self enough to think. The first thing she thought of was the dull throbbing from certain parts in her body, her parched throat and weightless body.

Sophia tried long and hard to open her eyes but they felt so heavy, as if weighed down by lead and the harsh lights beyond her eyelids weren't doing her any better. She tried and in the end it got too taxing to even move a finger. Minutes later her surroundings went dead silent again.

Sophia was gone.

Sophia barely put up a fight against the drugs that were administered only some minutes ago into one of the few IV tubes still dripping near her tempoary bedside. She was completely knocked out and the nurse who stood by her bed recorded the few changes, improvements, and any other oddity inside her clipboard.

Surveying the scene with a clear and keen eye, the nurse soon sighed. The audible sound was a mixture of relief and wonder.

The patient before her was previously in a very tough situation. Her case was a tricky one that had trembling twist and turns. The senior Trauma Surgeons in this hospital were among the best in the country and at first, they thought it was child's play to be summoned for a simple gunshot wound to the back but reality proved different than what they thought and it made them sweat collectively.

Her first surgery was done immediately after she was brought in. It took a few hours but surgeons who were used to surgeries spanning up to 48 hrs, it was almost too simple and quick leading them to believe she had quite the background to be operated on by their senior specifically for something so minuscule. That was what they thought originally but got quite the shock when her once stable condition pumetted before she was fully off the operating table. With possible death on the table and their patient seizing and going into shock, it took a lot for them to calmly work through the situation.