64|| Uncertainties

Unedited~
• • •

News of the horric events spread quickly, it was like wildfire in a dry mountainside having nothing to slow the spread.

This in itself was was a starking contrast to the silent manner in which the very first incident with a man like Elijah Osoro being implicated, was handled.

The elevator's small incident was caught and properly covered up and his entire involvement was subtracted from the equation. Of course, because it wouldn't be wise for news like that to go public, news that the CEO met with an unfortunate accident inside his own building which was expanded and drawn up by many famous architects and the like.

Truly, that was out of the question with this new and sudden situation. With so many witnesses and in such a very popular place like King pastries among the upper classes, word of mouth alone drived the clout and discussions of the issue to an unprecedented level. It could not be covered up.

At first it was a simple, seemingly unimportant news report but among the masses it got twisted after making its rounds through vast media sources and through the mouths of normal people who could only dream of the high lifestyle. Speculations came in from both the random passersby up to the most important businessmen on Mr Osoro's level.

While a certain floor of Osoro.co worked on high alert to suppress the dangerous rumors of death brought in by people's speculations, others worked equally as hard to keep stock prices where it should be and to keep many shareholders and businesses partners from getting figety, more important sectors led by executives worked even harder to reduce the backlash that would surely arise from something so unexpected happening so suddenly without a warning.

As the day ended and the next one came, there was still no plateau of public opinions and speculations.

For some, the horrific news was only something they'd briefly speak about over dinner with some interest before moving on to the next juicy topic but for others, the news completely upset the trajectory of their lives.

In one house specifically, a woman was still standing in shock, she couldn't believe what she was seeing all over the TV.

Marie, Sophia's very hardworking mother, recalled her day that led up to this, she just got back from a hard day at work in her new well paying job she suprisingly managed to snag for herself.

She followed her usual routine, fixed lunch for the kids who were delivered from school to her doorstep by a very warm man close to her age who mysteriously showed up and dedicated himself to being the butler after being referred here by Sophia, her oldest daughter.

They were growing accustomed very quickly to this life and enjoyed their new home situated in better part of town. The kids ate and Mai begrudgingly took Mikah to play although her face seemed as if she'd rather spend the day scrolling on her tablet instead.

Marie cleaned up although she couldn't see a speck of dust, a small habit she picked up from their past home with floors that never got clean no matter how often she wiped, and later she got freshened up and went back to the kitchen.

She brewed herself simple hot coffee with the machine that was simply too advanced for her taste but again, she was slowly figuring it and everything else out. After that task was complete she went to the living room, intending to spend another nice night watching a series before preparing for bed.

As Mai's and Mikah's playtime brought them back to the living room, she was unperturbed since they had enough space now and allowed them to play.

Her mind had briefly ran on her oldest daughter, like always. Her daughter was still quite upset but it was improving somewhat and she stayed in contact. This  was her daughters choice and she didnt want to intrude further. As she thought, she shrugged the urge to call away and went to turn on the TV with the remote nearby on the coffee table.