68|| Blame

Unedited~
• • •

The news itself shouldn't have come as a shock but even knowing before that he would, everyone stood in bated breath.

First it was shock then a relief so tangible one could use a knife to cut it. The person who carried the most relief out of the bunch was none other than Jiho who felt as if his entire body deflated like a balloon. He could finally breathe easier.

Julianne did not wait around after the news registered in her brain. Her hand fell from her face which now bore a rosy hue from someone else's handprint and she was the first to turn and leave, slipping from her husband's arms like an eel.

Everything from before was promptly forgotten and no one foresaw that it'd be so...simple.

The volatile atmosphere melted away and only ambiguity remained. Each person left one by one and even Miranda shared a final gaze with Kayla before begrudgingly following them, her steps as she walked felt heavy.

Soon, only Kayla and Marie remained.

Kayla breathed a huge sigh and walked towards Sophia's mum. The woman, Marie, still looked perturbed, breaths coming out in short huffs.

"Come on," Kayla held her unease at bay and led the impulsive woman away. Even she couldn't quite believe that all it took to quell the fierceness in the air was one man finally regaining conciousness.

Both of them went the opposite direction, towards Sophia's new and tempoary area instead. Kayla knew it wasn't their place and didn't even think to follow the others. She only thought on whether or not to share this news with Sophia a bit later when everyone calmed down.

Marie said nothing and Kayla didn't speak either but soon, Kayla did find her unease on an entirely different issue building the further they walked and the calmer Marie got. She couldn't help chewing on a nail as she thought.

She was already quite familar with that family and the great lengths they could go yet Marie...without thinking, slapped a woman like that. 

It was...deserved yes. That much was clear but even in that case, very few would dare touch even a hair on that family's head even if the someone from that family stabbed them first.

It was too early to assume the repercussions of this though, that was mostly why kayla kept her unease to herself and blamed it on the overly sensitive symptoms of her pregnancy.

That man...Julianne's husband hadn't done anything but come in between while the two argued either...

Surely that in itself meant something. It was highly likely that nothing would come of it and even if something did, Kayla didnt think it would be supported by anyone else. Sometimes a solid slap was needed to bring back sense and sensibility and she'd leave it at that.

Kayla now viewed Marie in a new light, much like Jiho who was elsewhere.

While they walked back, not too far away in the opposite direction a small group of people walked in a hurry. At the head of this group was Julianne who's speed could rival the nurse who even had a headstart.

There was an additional security area they had to pass to get to his floor off the elevator simply because this corridor was connected to another area of the hospital but even those men cleared out the way and didn't dare to stop the woman in front and all who followed.

Julianne didn't stop walking until the door to Elijah's room was clearly in sight. It wasn't anything extravagant. Everything was minimalistic down to the white paint that still looked fresh on the opposite wall, the healthy plant in th corner and the floor which got shined so cleanly they could all glimpse their reflections. There was glass windows near the doors but no one could glimpse inside because the blinds were firmly pulled.