55|| A Gift

Unedited~
• • •

Mr Osoro sat with a stony stature, his face remained blank of all emotions yet his eyes were dark and calculating, focusing on the desk before him. There was a barely suppressed tension inside the room but he remained unphased to it all as his fingers gracefully moved from one side of the document to the next, the dip pen he held working overtime.

Over the last few days Elijah was very busy. It was very reminiscent of the past months, close to the point of drowning in work and he stayed above it all. He was focused on cleaning up the unsightly mess left by a few equally unsightly people. He was making calls here and there and doing what needed to be done along with dodging the repeated pestering from the older heads within his own family.

To Elijah who had to remain level headed in far worser situations than this, it was nothing. In fact, right now he was simply making the last few necessary arrangements. After this, everything would just fall into place, staying true to his expectations. He carried on writing and was in no hurry whatsoever, much to the annoyance of another occupant sitting inside his office.

The heavy tension filling the room wasn't emanating from him. Not in the slightest. Rather, it emanated from those other occupants inside, sitting across from him. There was Jiho, his personal assistant who briefly got a two day leave to properly think about his actions, the brief leave that got him to screw his head back where it needed to be, and there were two another people, they came on behalf of another. These pairs of eyes watched his every movement and Elijah carried on as if they didn't exist.

Jiho, who stood only a few feet away from his chair kept his mouth sealed shut but his eyebrows still went up a inch, more than once actually, as his gaze briefly wandered onto those final documents Elijah was signing.

On the other side of the desk in a chair sat the lawyer, who's sole purpose here was to bear witness, and another young woman that came to represent herself and her benefactor.

That woman was tensed, nearly trembling, not in fear but in excitement, as anyone could pick up from the bright sparks in her eyes. She came along with her lawyer to hand over the deed for that property and everything else along with it. She also came on account of the financial aspect of this entire dealing. A collector of some sorts. Even though this whole meeting was for face value, this was still very important bad with that, Elijah was simply being professional in humoring her. This much money... it couldn't simply be handed over the table and would have to be transferred electronically anyway.

Her twitchy actions didn't phase or irritate Elijah in the least. He simply wanted to get it over with...plus, after seeing her and her siblings, he quickly realized why that old man would rather pawn the property off instead of leaving it for them to develop and possibly tear into each other over.

Those children and grandchildren of his were lacking heavily in entrepreneurial and progressive skills. Not to mention...ambition. It was fortunate, though, because Elijah would rather not spend too much time on this matter. It had been too long...he had other very pressing matters waiting for his attention.

Back at that auction, very early into the morning when he showed up unannounced, he already had a long drawn out discussion with that old man and the property was already bought for a total that most would gape at. Convincing the old man was a task in itself but having learnt of their pending financial situation and having an idea of than mans personality, it went very smoothly.

In fact, Elijah even spent a percentage less than what he was prepared to lose at that auction if it came down to it. For Elijah, that amount was just like any other day but for the others it was nothing to scoff at.