40|| Petrified

Unedited~
• • •

Olivia?

Seong and Sophia both were equally amused but helpless at the same time. Their new addition, Olivia, was friendly. She was almost too friendly and for reasons that were unknown to them.

Sophia always knew to trust her gut and her gut was only saying one thing. Competition?

That one word made many warning bells go off inside her head. She wanted to frown but kept her face moderately expressionless. Remembering how this woman confidently stood close to Elijah, almost as if she silently bragged with that clear smile on her face. It really rubbed Sophia in many ways, none of which were positive.

This new feeling felt very strange to Sophia who was experiencing it firsthand. It gave her a chance to imagine how Elijah probably felt a short while ago.

...Was this...possessiveness?

In only a second after meeting this new lady. Sophia trusted her gut's instinct and promptly decided that she didn't like her.

Sophia was very reluctant to follow and Seong moved in tune with her. The woman standing before them, Olivia, most likely guessed it. She didn't speak of that further and stood there with no intention to move. She then continued to prattle on in a sickly sweet voice about Sophia's necklace but her interest felt misguided...ingenuine even.

Not only that...it was getting annoying really really fast.

Sophia forced out a smile, nodding along to Olivia while discreetly signaling to Seong.

Maybe it was time they went back to their tables.

"Oh I'm-" Sophia cut the woman off midsentence, "really happy to hear about your collection, it sounds amazing."

Olivia looked surprised at the disruption at first then she smiled softly, "It was amazing but unfortunately, it's no longer in my hands."

"...Sorry to hear that," Sophia tried not to look at her too strangely.

Olivia immediately laughed, the longing look in her eyes vanishing as she came back to the present. "Really sorry to bore you like this," she waved her hand dismissively.

"-I actually have something else I wanted to ask but I'm not sure if this would be the right time or place.." Olivia thinly pursed her lips and looked around.

Sophia also took a short look around and the environment around them were no less populated than it was before.

Sophia was tempted to brush off whatever question that woman had for her. It wouldn't be polite so Sophia simply pursed her lips. Her feet were beginning to feel sore but she soldiered through it all, planting a small smile onto her face afterward, "Its fine, really."

Olivia still looked unsure, "I guess..." she turned to look over her shoulder before turning back and taking a step forward.

Her actions surprised Sophia and she didn't even get the time to take a step backwards to put some comfortable space back in between them before Olivia continued, "-Do you know Elijah?"

Sophia froze and both of her eyebrows flew upwards before furrowing. "...What?"

Sophia was less surprised from the question though, she was more surprised by Olivia calling Elijah by his name.

So they were close!

She had that quick revelation as Olivia stared at her in silence, waiting for her response.