42|| Unbelievable

Unedited~
• • •

"Is this real life?" Seinna muttered softly. Her voice barely was audible over the sound of the bustling air and she couldn't keep the incredulity she felt in strong surges out of it either.

"Its real..as much as I hate to admit it," the man standing next to her muttered, the latter part of his sentence was said under his breath.

"I mean.." Seinna continued distractedly, "It's one thing for Isaac to deduce this but... now it's a whole different experience seeing it happen in real life," she continued.

"-Isaac?" The man quickly looked away from the eye catching scene and back towards Seinna.

His question immediately made her return to the present. She straighted, her eyes snapping back to Ethan. She then planted a rigid smile onto her lips, "Right..Ethan."

He nodded, albeit slowly. He remained tensed, the muscles in his cheek were tight. Seinna noticed how dark his gaze got in contrast to before and it made a spark light in her eyes. "I have a feeling," she began, "-that you know that woman...personally."

Ethan on the other hand, wanted to leave but stood rigidly at that same moment. While he did need a moment to sort his thoughts and recover from that sight, the woman before him...she irked him somewhat.

He had an instinctive sense to know when to posture himself to the right person. Years spent moving up from a normal lower floor assistant to a higher floor supervisor sharpened that skill. The female before him didn't seem like a nobody. He refrained from trying to dismiss her and instead chose to humor her.

From that scene just now, he had no reason to leave and go looking around anymore so why bother?

"Who?" He asked, an eyebrow raised.

Seinna used her head to make a small gesture to the two's direction. "That lady, the one with Mr Osoro," she smiled afterwards.

"What makes you think that?" He tilted his head to the side.

"Oh no reason...just my womanly intuition."

Ethan laughed dryly, "Well...Maybe I do know her, but what's it to you? And who's Isaac?"

"Glad to hear that you do and to answer your last question, hes someone who's very interested in meeting you."

"Reason being?"

"Eh...you'll know after you see him."

"That's assuming that I have any interest whatsoever in meeting this...Isaac,"

"Trust me, you will."

Ethan frowned. Seinna was quite...pushy. He stared at her expressionlessly for a good amount of seconds and she did not fidget under his stare, not even a twitch.

"And if I don't?" Ethan sighed, no longer willing. There was one thing he absolutely abhorred and it was being ordered around. That and feeling like he had no choice whatsoever in any given situation.

Seinna surprised him and took his arm. Before he could remove himself, she smiled brightly, expression changing at the flip of a switch. "Miss May!"

Ethan froze, turning to his side. He didn't even realize that Miss May drifted this close.

Miss May turned, she looked surprised at her name being called out but that immediately faded after she spotted Seinna, "Oh Darlin!"

"Aww you're still calling me that? It's been months," Seinna laughed, "But anyway, I noticed you came with this dashing young man as your date, I hope you wouldn't mind me stealing him away for a little bit."