3|| Unaware

Unedited~

• • •

A second passed as she was suspended mid air, staring wide eyed as papers and folders flew up and out if her hands.

Sophia did not know how it had gotten to this point.

She had to leave her office to go get the files out of a deserted storage area on the upper floor with the specialized key because they needed to run through a lot of documents and records in order to quickly adapt to the immediate transfer. A lot of documents that were unfortunately not scanned and made available in the online database.

She was in the middle of hurrying back before peak internal rush hour at 12pm when the elevators got packed beyond recognition and she'd have to resort to being pressed into people like fish in a sardine tin as everyone hurried about to do their respective duties. Then this happened.

Ever since the change she had gotten a lot busier but was handling her job with extra care. She busied herself because if she were to take a minute break she'd probably collapse into a tirade, cursing Ethan and whoever gave him his orders to hell and back for plunging her and her team into chaos.

She wanted to curse as the papers wore her down however, the second she was midair her mouth had dropped open to yell but it was as if the words were stuck at her throat. Her eyes could hardly register anything beyond the glaring blinking lights.

She had half a mind to protect her head yet her body couldn't even react to her her will, it was completely frozen plus the fact that her heart was probably beating just as fast as a hummingbird's didn't help. She could hear nothing beyond it beating loudly in her ears.

It was deafening.

Not long after the sudden drop which felt like hours but was only a few long seconds, the screeching outside quieted and the elevator came to an abrupt stop as if it had reached the end of the rope, sending her body back to the ground none too gently.

Fear clouded her eyes. She'd definitely smash her skull open. Not only that, if she died or ended up in a coma, fucking Jermiah Jones would succeed in sucking her mother dry and leave her whole family to the dogs and she wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

These thoughts were the only thing on her minds as her body fell rapidly to the ground, not very fitting as someone's last few thoughts but she was panicking, not knowing what to do plus the papers were flying everywhere around her, creating complete chaos.

This whole process felt like it lasted a while yet was only a few seconds after the elevators stopped its decent. She crashed into the ground below her, her whole body hitting a soft yet hard surface that felt a whole lot different than the hard metal ground she stood on only minutes ago.

She couldn't think about it though, not yet because the breath was completely knocked out of her and she could only lie there, gasping into whatever her face and body had been pressed into at last minute.

...It smelled good?

How strange.

"...Oh my...fuck," her eyes slowly opened to pitch black darkness and haze as if she had gone blind. Her hands were shaking nonstop as they clutched onto cloth tightly.

She stayed like that for God knew how long, until her vision cleared and she could finally see, still her shaking hands and fast beating heart showed no signs of receding.

Her mind chose the most rational thing to do at this moment of disorientation. Blame whoever it could find.

"Fucking Ethan!" She hissed, tears almost welling up into her eyes. She almost fucking died. This was her first time leaving her floor and going up in all those months she had started working here and look what happened.