35|| Who is that Woman

~Unedited~
• • •

Elijah awoke before the first rays of sunlight began to light the morning sky.

The dim darkness beyond the drawn curtains served as an indication of him waking a lot earlier than usual but Elijah hardly payed any attention to that specifically. He laid still for some countable minutes, finding comfort in the stillness of near dawn and the sounds of their synchronized breathing.

He stayed like this for a while, not wanting to break the peace and tranquility, then he later looked down.

Sophia was not awake yet she held onto him, using his bare chest as her pillow. She slept with barely a sound and it would be more fitting to say she was almost completely lying on top of him.

Elijah hardly minded this. Her skin was soft and her warm breath against his skin was more than pleasant in his opinion. Almost temptingly so.

He soon disregarded the rising heat and looked away, thinking a bit more. Elijah could already see the exhaustion in Sophia's eyes from the night before, it was more than his even though he hadn't even slept much the night before. Thinking about the cause of this problem put a thin frown on his face but that was all, for now at least.

After an entire night of staring up into the ceiling, simply thinking and reflecting on what he'd heard, Elijah realised a lot of things started to make sense. Pieces appeared out of nowhere and now he had gotten a bit closer towards putting the pieces of this puzzle together.

Heaven knew he tried his best to be calm and understanding but it was even harder to do so while hiding the rising darkness in his eyes. And this was coming from a man who never had a problem maintaining the perfect poker face in any given instances.

Of course, regardless of how he felt at that time, he took a step back but it took everything in his self control to do so.

Not only that, his expression got dimmer as he realized he was in for quite a sizable amount of work. It seemed as if the folder he just began to dedicate some of his time towards would increase in volume. It couldn't be helped.

Whenever he started to find something unsightly he'd make sure to have them removed in quick and efficient fashion.

When it came to the woman currently laying in his arms, there was already a total of two flies buzzing around- no, make that three, and it annoyed him greatly. And his act of paying attention to the first unsightly one that his men reported on would need to be halted for a moment.

Elijah wanted to sigh but he also did not want to wake Sophia from her slumber. At least, not yet.

These problems popping up out of nowhere had to be some sort of plan brought forward by some being that existed out of this world who had some enmity against him. Elijah was truly upset from what he heard plus the entire situation now but that would rightfully run its course.

There was however that was left unspoken and he didnt think it would be right to let it into the already drained atmosphere. Elijah was more than slightly annoyed by his own little personal problem that was still kept tightly under wraps.

A problem that wouldn't have reached to the point of being one if this sudden family situation hadn't happened.

The universe of whatever in charge of the fate of human kind couldn't have chosen a more inopportune moment... He internally sighed

For the first time in a while, Elijah was at a roadblock, not knowing what to do nor how to carry on with his initial plan of action for a very pressing matter that could no longer be ignored. It was very foreign for him to feel this way and be in this dilema. As a man in his standing and stature, Elijah always had a Plan B and never had he considered leaving out any variables that could possibly get in his way.