66||Miranda

Unedited~

• • •

Restlessness.

That was the only word that could be used to describe Jiho currently as he placed back and forth without pause.

As he went to and fro, stopping and turning...something akin to anxiety seemed to chew on his chest. The feeling was no different from being smothered. There was no calm in his gait, only a strange figety nervousness that seemed to eat him up whole. Both inside and out.

Jiho did not care about how he might've looked to the two bodyguards standing close by, holed up in the singular and private VIP waiting room. The room sat on the second floor, located inside a wide and typically huge modernized building with many sections. This was Mercy INTL Airport. It was perched only some ways off the coast with enough airstrips to occupy the spot of being the most proficient Air Travel agency in the state.

Jiho snapped out of his nervous daze and under the vacant eyes of the bodyguards, he chewed on his nails.

When he finally sat, he couldn't stop one of his legs from bouncing up and down. He didn't sit for too long, soon after he got up and started pacing back and forth.

Unbeknownst to him, his actions even made the others feel uneasy, which was a lot to say considering their training.

Jiho was lost in his own bubble.

How many years had passed...? He wondered, how many years since he last saw and heard of his older sister who before now, lived in his memories.

How long...?

Too long. He came to the conclusion.

Miranda...she went no contact for so long and even if he got curious about her whereabouts after he got older, he didn't dare encroach on her privacy or try to locate her after the huge fallout. No one did in fact. He wasn't made privy to any information in that regard even if his father or older brother sought her out.

He was just a year or two younger than Amelia when she left, near 15 or 16 when the ball dropped and she stormed out. Amelia wasn't even over ten and their baby sister...Evangeline was simply that, a young toddler.

Jiho gulped and when his legs started to ache, he sat down again in the closest chair, checking his watch as he'd done countless amounts of times before.

Only a few minutes left...

Jiho took a deep breath.

After he got that call, he had quickly exused himself from the hospital as if his feet was on fire. It took nearly half an hour to get to Mercy International airport and not long after he stepped on the pavement, someone from staff was already there to greet and take him to the VIP waiting area as requested. It was much different and more preferred than sitting in the rows of chairs near the boarding area amongst the crowd anxiously.

With the resourcefulness he copied masterfully from his older brother, everything was prepared in timely fashion. Security, transportation, etc. He even went another length to keep the news of her return from spreading haphazardly to the rest of the family and cause a commotion. The very moment her private jet landed, he'd receive her and what else...he wasn't quite sure.

Did she come back because news of his brothers injury spread? Most likely. Jiho could already imagine the coming scene and it left him without appetite. He'd take her to his brothers side immediately but...what's worse....Julianne, his mother was there, in that private hospital.

If one thing was certain...Miranda did not get along well with Mother following that huge scandal that got dragged for nearly a month before being wiped from the media. Jiho's head hurt more as he thought. This was just a slow steaming pot of disaster waiting to overflow. They didn't part of good terms...it would be no different than a grease fire explosion if they got caught up in their grievances again.