61|| Her Dominance -Shortlived

Unedited~
• • •

"I...dont get it," Sophia began with the tiniest frown. She sat up inside the sofa and her bare feet slid down to the floor.

"You dont?" Elijah who just a moment ago looked very bright and spirited, excited even, to graciously impart his knowledge of advanced ecommerce and economics and all that works, now looked slightly deflated.

Sophia unhesitatingly shook her head from one side to the next. Although she feigned confusion she was enjoying herself greatly.

Elijah opened his mouth to respond again however after seeing Sophia's very dull eyes staring up at him from where he sat, Elijah thought best to not go further. He'd been explaining over an hour now, this was the basics too. Was Sophia messing with him?

Sophia hid her smile, watching his shoulders slouch deafeatedly then later he pushed the chart aside and snapped the long metallic stick he was using as a pointer back to its original size of a some centimeters.

"Oh come on don't be sad-" she spoke coddlingly as she watched him gather everything and place them aside neatly.

He paused, bows knitting together, "I'm not-"

"You so are," she laughed and sunk back into the soft plush leather sofa, "You know...when I asked for a simple explanation of what you do at work everyday -I meant just for a brief run down...you didn't have to draw up an entire presentation."

As Elijah wiped his hands on a small cloth and discarded it along with everything else. "Who would I be if I didn't go all out?" He looked resigned as he stood there.

"-But i didn't understand half of whatever you just said, in fact, if you looked in my right eye you'd realize just how much I was holding back sleep-"

"I'm glad, Sophia," he smiled, "you didn't understand half so that must means you do understand the other half right," He walked up to where she sat and gathered her face up in his hands, their gazes met for a long moment. "Plus...your eye looks fine to me."

Sophia smacked his hand away, "At least I know what topic to steer clear from in the future-"

"You wound me, love." He collapsed down in the sofa next to her.

"Methinks," Sophia lifted a hand to her chin as she wondered out loud. That word had frown on her after their short time in Italy and seeing that one Shakespearean play. "-You need a hobby," she finished as a matter of factly.

"I...disagree," Elijah sounded firm and he wasted no time, his hands were on her legs, drawing them into his lap, "-hobbies are a waste of the precious time one could be using in all areas otherwise," as he finished speaking, his hands ran down the expanse of her legs, as if to further drive in his meaning.

Sophia looked down her nose at him, making sure to smack his wandering hands away "Of course you'd think that, you're such a bore."

"Am I?"

"Well, you're a hundred percent work oriented, that's without a doubt," Sophia leaned forward to take another jab at him, "You play the piano so well yet would rather churn numbers instead of being leisurely in your already little free time. Absolute bore-"

Elijah faked a gasp and looker down his nose at her in the same manner as she did before. "I'm very surprised at your harsh honesty Sophia...You think my interests are boring? That's low..."

Sophia froze, then immediately burst out laughing thereafter, figting the urge to reach over and pinch his cheeks, "I love it when you get sassy," she snickered.