5|| Familiar

Unedited~

• • •

"I'm fine Ma..." Sophia repeated for the hundredth time, squeezing the hand which held onto hers gently. Her mother, Marie, sat by her sides with eyes that were tinted red as if she had spent an entire day crying.

A bit over five hours had passed since the incident and she had been asleep ever since. Only waking half an hr ago.

Her mother must've rushed over from her city to get to where she was staying after getting the news. Marie had left Mai and Mikah with Jermiah which surprised Sophia for a bit. Her mother had never went this far without her kids.

Considering the circumstances, Sophia could understand.

Marie must've been so worried.

Sophia looked around once more turning away from her mothers mutterings, marveling at the room she had woken up in.

The entire space was a lot more huge than the matchbox she called home. This was the first time she'd ever seen something so luxurious. It felt like a room tailor made for the VIPs, she couldn't help wondering why they'd place her in here of all places.

She wasn't even injured.

Her mother noticed her looking around and hissed under her breath, a deep frown on her face.

"This is definitely that bastard's doing," she spat, looking around disdainfully, "they're definitely sucking up to minimize their mistakes. If they think a pretty room is going to make me not seek justice for my baby they've got another thing coming."

Marie got up, cursing as she paced back and forth.

"No way am I gonna let this slide, you could've died! They fucking lucky I didn't stop to speak with those journalists outside."

Sophia winced, shaking her head, "I told you I'm fine..."

"But how could they let something like that go unchecked? Aren't they supposed to be a multibillionaire company? How the hell did an elevator of all things malfunction-"

Sofia chose to keep silent, letting her mother rant on and on as her eyes were unconsciously drawn to the news program that was still running on the screen. She was still surprised that this made the news, usually something like this would've never been broadcasted, yet she was taken aback by the formal reports detailing the accident and how it came to happen.

One after the other, news stations spoke about it. Even if no one got mortally wounded it was still a huge deal considering this was the Osoro's main building located in State city.

The reports being broadcasted wasn't the only thing that she found strange. The other strange occurrence was that every single news station only spoke about one unidentified female being involved in the accident. Other than that...nothing.

The first time she heard that report she had to rub her ears for a bit.

Elijah?

Did something go wrong with the source information? Did he choose not to be involved and remained silent?

Sophia didn't know the cause, she didnt even know how she got up there, if she weren't unconscious she'd have definitely chose to remain silent, similar to Elijah.

So far, she only woke up to chaos on the news and her mother's worried rantings. She hadn't even heard a peep from the company themselves.

It wasn't as if she didn't know the usual routine in times like this, she'd already seen in happen first hand but it never made the news and they'd simply send out one of their executives responsible for this area to settle the matter in less than a few hours.