38|| Banter

Unedited~
• • •

"You are absolutely beautiful, Sophia. I always feel rewarded whenever I get the opportunity to work with you."

Sophia coughed discreetly in reply, nodding to the woman who've been gushing like this for the past five minutes. "Ah..It's okay Donnét, no need to..."

"But there is a need," the woman continued in her heavily accented English. Completely ignoring Sophia, "-with you, my work and designs are able to come alive and it fills me with....with," Donnét snapped her fingers, as if trying to remember a certain word.

"Happiness," one of her assistants tried to help out.

"-elation, Satisfaction-!" The other two quickly chipped in.

"Ah yes, not quite the word I had in mind but it's most definitely the closest, -elation, fills me with satisfaction and elation."

Sophia inhaled deeply to hide her laugh at the way Donnét quite literally butchered both of those words in her pronunciations and went back to eyeing herself in the mirror. The woman that looked back at her was a bit similar her but more on the highly glamorous side.

It was finally the day. The day she tried not to worry about but only worried about it because she thought too much. It was simply criminal how fast a week could fly by. Sophia felt victimized, it was as if the time ran off this quickly only out of spite.

It gave her a sense of deja vu, the last time she remembered being in a scene like this, she was later taken to a date and the next morning she couldn't feel her legs very well for some minutes.

Fun times...

She peered at herself. Donnét's ability to make a simple formal dress into something that was also so form-fitting and glamorous- looking was a skill that should be studied.

Sophia liked it. Although at first she struggled with the idea of going nearly bare in the chest area underneath.

The black dress went off her shoulder, felt amazingly soft and tight around her breasts allowing only a peek of cleavage. It hugged her body and only had one slit that revealed her leg and went up to mid thigh when she walked. Her hair was back into her favorite fluffy butterfly locs and this time, she opted from them to be left just inches below shoulder length, framing her face.

She had to admit...right now she look kinda amazing. And the shoes were better and mode comfortable than anything she had collecting dust in her closet but alas, the true focus of Sophia's eyes was the thing on her neck. Simple but loud and most definitely very expensive. To protect her sanity Sophia preferred not to think about these 'things' in detail. So what if Elijah could make diamond studded earrings and necklaces that cost more that someone's yearly salary appear out of nowhere.

Like last time, Sophia ignored the weight and didn't even bother thinking about the price. She had a feeling it would only offend him if she tried to take it off. Still.. as amazing as this dress looked, Sophia knew it was only supposed to be for the event. She almost vaporized into thin air after being told she was going have to change once more to attend the Charity afterparty.

Life was not easy. In fact, it was becoming quite stress inducing.

Were rich people always like this? Sophia thought it was unnecessary to change and in return, Donnét drilled into her head how essential it was.

In the end, Sophia gave up.

Donnét, after walking around and getting another eyeful, nodded to herself and clapped her hand. In only minutes her assistants cleared away the remaining stuff at her feet and left.