47|| Accidents and Confrontations

Unedited~
• • •

Time soon flew by and only a few hours later, Sophia found herself sitting on the comfortable seats of the outside gazebo. She sat there partially stiffly, trying to not let her bone tiredness and fatigue known to the world. In her mind, she made sure to criticize Elijah down to his last detail. She had the chance to do it now because that...man wouldn't even give her a second to breathe or speak.

Her legs were hiked up on the comfortable and spacious chair she sat in and she stared forward, keeping herself busy otherwise.

As gracefully as she could, she reached forward to grab the cup of warm tea that Garcia had generously prepared for herself including other drinks for her company. Her 'company' being the man and woman who sat at the same gazebo table and hadn't stop looking around not even once. Their eyes were mystified. Sophia had that same reaction so she simply left it as it is. Who on earth wouldn't be?

On the other hand. She didn't know what Elijah's problem was. Not only was he suddenly stuck to her hip, his displeasure at her seeing her friends was barely hidden, in fact. Sophia knew he'd rather her not leave at all for some reason and for the time being. She wanted to be mad at the man who effortlessly got his way and prevented her from going out but after a deep sigh, she let it go with a clear head and conscience.

Sophia didn't know where this sudden streak of over protectiveness came from and she had a lot of questions to grill him with later tonight.

In the end, because of her growing silence, he finally relented and made a small compromise, agreeing to bring them here instead. Truthfully, Sophia didn't think that'd get him off the hook but she didn't argue against it either. Unfortunately she was still worn out because of him. Plus...the one person who was happiest about this conclusion was Garcia who immediately became enthusiastic and overjoyed at the thought of having 'guests'.

Sophia took a long sip of tea and stiffly placed it back down on the saucer hoping to hell both Kayla and Seong didn't notice her actions to start teasing her. The day was not suitable for tea at all but for reasons unknown, Garcia prepared this calming tea for her while Kayla and Seong got cold colorful carbonated drinks.

And speaking of those two, they didn't even take a bit of snack or drink since they got here. Their eyes looked with great interest at the pretty garden surrounding them and then back at the large house that Sophia admitted looked way bigger on the outside.

Garcia always referred to it as Elijah's house and home but Sophia thought it would really be more fitting to call it a fucking mansion. Sophia was 100% sure she'd never stop being blown away by everything she slowly discovered on his side. It was one thing to have a idea but completely different to see it in real life.

No one really started up a conversation yet. Kayla must've seen a lot of environments like this one so she only looked around with a bit of interest. She paid less attention to the house and paid more to this being 'Mr Osoro's' home that she finally had a chance to see up close and in real life. Seong however looked just like Sophia on her first time.

While they marveled at the place. Sophia began thinking... she couldn't shake the feeling that something felt odd.

She just couldn't pinpoint what.

The silence around them was comfortable...at least in Sophia's opinion but that silence was also weird. She was much too used to Kayla's hyperactive and pushyness so both of them sitting quietly and calmly made her feel weird somewhat.

Sophia looked around but didn't spot the eyes of anyone peeking on their small gathering. After crossing that variable out, Sophia's eyes zeroed in on both Seong and Kayla. Both spoke once a long while and on different intervals but they were definitely a lot quieter than usual. Sophia perked up, realizing they were responsible. Their oddity drew her full attention.