31|| Unease

Unedited~
• • •

"You know...You didn't have to drive me to work today," Sophia muttered. She spoke low under her breath but it was still loud enough for a certain man to hear.

The man in question didn't even bat an eyelid at the slight reproach in her tone. Still, his hand that held onto her thigh as he causually drove, tightened a bit.

Sophia could only sigh, shifting inside her seat.

She had repeated this same phrase for the umpteenth time now. Once after opening her door in the dead of the morning only to see him already waiting, twice after he led her to the suspiciously empty parking lot and the final time which was now, as he slowly pulled into the huge mass of concrete, glass and steel. A building that stood out more than the other hundreds with it's futuristic design and the huge block letters on its surface.

OSORO.

Sophia, without hesitating, made sure to remind him repeatedly, he didn't have to. The last thing she needed was this becoming a habit of his. Not that the habit would be bad, it's just...

Sophia felt jittery for some unknown reason.

The week before this one was a week of bliss with a pinch of torture. In fact, days before, Sophia swore she'd have to resort to beating the huge man off her with a stick.

Even then, their time together was amazing and the week went by with Sophia feeling as if she'd floated upwards onto cloud nine. But now that she had to pretend that everything was fine and go back to work, she felt gitterry and the only think keeping her leg from bouncing up and down repeatedly was the man who had his hand thrown casually over the gears and seat divider, holding her thigh as he drove.

Sophia wore stockings, her favourite heels, a black pencil skirt finished with her dress shirt and jacket. A fitting combo for her office after her short 'sick' break. Elijah, like always, wore his signature suit, looking as neat as ever with his hair styled back from his perfectly symmetrical face. He must've grown used to her small complaints because he hadn't even spoken since the last minute.

Sophia looked down, still a bit surprised that the man hadn't taken the situation to his advantage and slipped his hand, that remained glued to her skin, higher up her skirt. Her eyes followed his hands all the way over until she was staring at him once again. Observing him inside the comfortable silence.

Elijah Osoro was almost in work mode, his features were soft yet stony, eyes serious and his temperment differed vastly from what she had been exposed to so far. Still, Sophia liked it regardless.

It was crazy how easily he could go from one bearing to the next. If Sofia successfully convinced herself that the last week were simply delusions made up by her mind, it would've been hard to imagine that this was the same man that seemed as if he wanted to keep his head and himself buried inbetween her thighs.

Sophia watched him for a few seconds then her lips pulled up into a small smirk.

A confidence booster it was indeed.

Sophia later looked away from him and back to the underground lot he pulled up in and her smirk immediately fell dissapearing like smoke.

Right...the person sitting across from her right now was not some ordinary man, he was one that owned this entire building and more, and could change a person's entire life with a leisurely flip of his fingers.

Compared to him, Sophia could not hide the tiny rising fear that she must've looked so basic and normal, sitting next to him.

Sophia, as if to test herself, looked back towards the man who focused on the road before them and her worries and doubts immediately quieted. As she looked away, it was as if they began popping up like stars in a dreary night sky once more.