32|| Honesty

Unedited~
• • •

Seong began explaining just as soon as Sophia asked him to. He stared at the spot where Ethan had been walking before turning his entire attention to Sophia, his dark expression bleeding away.

"Why am I not surprised, you didn't know anything about that event at all did you?" He laughed loudly, going back to his usual carefree self, as if their interaction with Ethan just now had been reduced to unimportant memory fragments.

Sophia pursed her lips and in the end shook her head, hoping to hell she didn't look as clueless as she felt. "I didn't."

"I wont even lecture you," he waved his hand dismissively, "it's not as if this information is the first thing that started popping up a good while ago if one took the time to visit the Osoro.co's main website..."

Sophia sighed loudly with a small groan, "Oh come on! Seong!" Her hands itched to grab his collar and shake him. "-Stop being a shady bitch and tell me already," she winced as she pressed a bit harder on the machine than intended.

The shady bastard in question only chuckled, "See Sera, and she works as a management in public relation–" Seong went silent the moment Sophia turned and fixed him with a glare.

"Well to put it simply," he quickly began in a new and indifferent tone, "the Annual event and Charity ball is a major event that practically everyone who's been here long enough should already know about. It's actually a two-in-one to be exact."

Sophia paused, "A two in one?"

"Well...A two-in-one could best describe it," Sera chipped in, flipping through the documents in her hands.

"Yes exactly," Seong snapped his fingers, "that's because it's actually two separate events in reality but people usually just refer to it as the Annual event and be done with it."

"Hell, I didn't even know it was two events until I went last year."

"Sera," Seong quipped, "Its called Annual Event and Charity Ball for a reason."

"I know that Einstein, it's just that...for normal people like us, even thinking of the charity ball or dreaming about attending there is out of the question, might as well forget the Charity ball also exists." Sera rolled her eyes

"Sounds like something out of a movie," Sophia chuckled, "what's so special about the ball, how can the Annual Event be any different?"

Sera stopped and looked up, her expression was flat as she caught Sophia's glare, "While the ball can be grouped in with an after party of some sorts... To put it bluntly, the 'Annual event' is where the poor folks mingle–"

She was immediately cut off my Seong who coughed loudly, "You don't have to say it like that."

Sera scoffed with a roll of her eyes, "I bet you were thinking the same thing, those fucking charity ball tickets are too goddamn expensive...even if the proceeds are being donated to various charities."

"-I for one," Seong was quick to butt in, "thinks it's a good incentive, the rich should definitely open up their purses more often," he proclaimed.

"But it bars people too," Sera pointed out, "I don't know about you but I wanted to go there...I'd love to see the rich prancing around in their habita-"

"Now why on earth would you want to go to a place where people will look at you funny simply cause you weren't born into a few millions? You'd willingly cosign into subhuman treatment?" Seong scoffed, tilting his head to the side.