27|| Interrogation at its Finest

Unedited~
• • •

The downright awkward moment lasted for a good long minute before Sophia decided she had enough. Elijah, as if sensing her collapsing mental state excused himself shortly thereafter, now only two people stood inside Sophia's room.

Sophia dropped her bag and leaned against the counter, blowing out a harsh breath of air as she came up to grips with the situation.

When the time passed and she finally collected herself, all that was left was a simple question.

"Why are you here!?" Sophia groaned out. Truthfully, she hadn't expected to see one of those two this quickly. It was bound to be a disaster of questioning and interrogations that Sophia was absolutely not ready to partake in.

Kayla, who just went down to retrieve the breadstick from the ground and throw it into the trash, immediately stood up. Her eyes, like bright beacons immediately found Sophia.

Sophia was not prepared.

Kayla ran to her side, hugging her tightly and almost squeezing the breath from Sophia's body before she pulled away. Kayla's eyes were bright, "You bitch! Where the hell were you?!"

"Uhh-" Sophia thought back and like clockwork, her face started heating up all of a sudden.

Kayla was too preoccupied to notice. Her eyes were glued to the door where a certain person had been standing a few minutes ago. "-And oh my fucking God, was that him?"

Sophia didn't get a chance to answer before Kayla began gushing, "Elijah Osoro? To see him like this in person up close is a dream! I can't believe it, he's so fucking hot!"

She patted Sophia on the shoulder with a long sigh, "Sis, you really won," she sniffled.

It was definitely in Kayla's genes to be pushy and overbearing sometimes so Sophia simply gave up on trying to get her word in and huffed, brushing past Kayla who automatically began following her like a puppy wagging its tail. Sophia tried to ignore the soreness crawling up her legs and collapsed into the bed less than a minute later. Burying her head into her sheets that were suspiciously beginning to smell of Kayla's perfume.

Sophia hadn't a complaint though, her house would always be a second home to Kayla and visa versa.

After a while, Sophia found herself frowning into the mattress, peeking one eye open.

Why did Kayla become so quiet all of a sudden?

Sophia eased herself upward and turned to the woman in question. Kayla stood there just as she usually would... except, she had started sporting a smile that stretched across her face, an all-knowing look in her brown eyes.

Before Sophia could question it, Kayla walked with the grace of a panther. Sat down without even making the mattress sink too deeply and rested one comforting hand on Sophia's knee.

She opened her mouth to speak, not dropping that dumb smile and Sophia immediately got up and slapped a hand over the woman's mouth. Realizing what Kayla was just about to say immediately.

"Don't say it," Sophia spoke flatly.

"What..?" Kayla stretched the word on her lips, brushing Sophia's hands away, still sporting that shit-eating grin. "I was only gonna point out the obvious, when did that become a crime."

Sophia knew better. If kayla was allowed she'd probably run down the hallway with a megaphone. Her words went in one ear and came out through the next as Sophia sat up and began to fix her braids that got loose.