45|| Recklessness

Unedited~
• • •

Sophia awoke with a start. It was not one of those days when her eyes slowly opened and the familiar sight of her own appartment greeted her through the haze. Her eyes snapped open and she quickly sat up, breathing heavily. She then had to close her eyes afterwards, leaning back down on the pillows. Her sensitive eyes still needed some time to adjust to the light.

Her mind was hazy and her throat was as dry as the Sahara. Her breathing was faster than usual but she had no idea why. Her brain refused to comply and release any memories from the night before, those memories it held hostage.  Her head still ached a little and her muscles felt stiff. Sophia yawned as she swung her legs over the nearly comically large bed and when her feet hit the large mat that came from under it, she stilled.

...Now wait a God damn minute.

Sophia paused to take a proper look at her surroundings and realized that nothing, absolutely nothing was familiar to her inside this room she just woke up in. It was empty but Sophia felt like this entire room could fit her entire appartment leaving enough space to spare for another.

It was so huge it was almost intimidating.

And why on earth did they need to put the ceiling up that high? Sophia pursed her lips as her eyes went from one place to the other. The thin curtains did nothing to block the rays of sunlight streaming through the tall windows and one of those windows was actually a glass door leading out to an equally large balcony.

Sophia gulped and tentatively walked towards one of the windows. When she crossed the distance and got there, she had to gasp.

Just below this window was probably one of the loveliest garden she'd ever seen in her life. It gave way to a sheltered gazebo in the middle which she could see from this high up and beyond the small scale yet well maintained garden was a patch of empty land that seemed to stretch on for miles before stopping at high walls that looked smaller at this distance. Sophia ran to the next window, gasping again as she saw the smooth road. The road most likely went straight to the front of the building but Sophia could not see it from here.

It was unfortunate but Sophia didn't focus on that for long. Her eyes caught the sky, filled with thin airy clouds and the sun. Right at this moment, she immediately knew this place had an excellent view of the sunset.

Sophia gulped and backed away. Just was on earth was going on here. She'd never seen anything like this.

Where on earth was she?

Sophia left the windows and walked around the room, feeling herself and fixing her hair back with a tie. She moved from one spot to the next, marveling on the simplistic yet beautiful paintings on the wall, that and other things lying about.

There was even a small makeshift study in the far corner with only a table, a chair and other items. Behind it was a shelf that rose up the wall filled with books of all types and sizes. Sophia felt the flower in the vase on the table and was surprised to see that it was real.

She didn't even need to guess to come to the conclusion that this entire place had Elijah Osoro written all over it. The open laptop on the table looked strikingly similar to the one he always carried about.

Sophia moved along and walked to one of the many doors, praying one would lead to the bathroom. She was surprised to see that her random choice did indeed lead to one. She immediately rushed in, gulping at the sheer size of it.

Sophia left the bathroom afterwards feeling a lot refreshed than before. It was good that even in a place like this, there was also spare toothbrushes and other spare necessities inside the cabinets.