37|| Unforseen Changes

Unedited~
• • •

A man, clad in black and white murmured softly to himself as his eyes stared down onto the scenery below. He was tall and somewhat lanky and his sharp gaze and dim eyes were focused at a fixed point.

"This is not good..."

Isaac, although he rarely made his appearance out of his personal office and chair, had gotten up and walked to stand by the window, frowning deeply.

Isaac, who'd call himself a proficient businessman and a master of studying trends felt somewhat perturbed yet hardly could find reason. Maybe it was because of the meeting not too long ago, or the current unwavering determination of the lackeys in charge of Osoro's affairs. His head had a dull ache, and not even pinching the bridge of his nose could help to push that ache away.

"Seinna!" He bit out, calling for the only other woman left inside the wide room with him, "What's your take on this?"

He heard some movements behind him as Sienna got up from her chair, running her fingers through her hair as if she was experiencing a similar ache, "Something must've happened, I don't now if Marcelo suddenly regained a bit of the morals he scattered all over the country but...he's being a lot more tight lipped than usual."

"I can see that," the man waved her off for stating the obvious, his frown not faltering.

Their deal with Marcelo had been an ongoing one for a good amount of months now. It was by pure luck that they found someone this close to the Osoros fallen to dire states and it was even better to their luck when he agreed to their little deal.

Now, as if something had fell from the sky, the man suddenly decided to barely hold up his part of the deal.

Isaac gave the three tall buildings, that stood out the most in the distant city, one last stare before turning and marched up to the table. He brushed past the woman that had a distinct aroma floating around her along with a dress that hugged her body in all the right places from her neck all the way down to her knees, as if she was air.

He marched straight up to the table and stopped to stare at the documents laying on it with a deep frown.

After a while, he picked one up and unfortunately, the information hadn't changed to something more useful as he wished it to. He withheld the urge to swipe all of them off the table and make a mess then turned to the woman.

"What on earth are we supposed to do with this?" His frown and the look in his eyes made the woman feel a distinct chill.

"This, and this, also that!" The man pointed out, "All already available in many other places, fetching barely half the price I have to pay that...Marcelo." Isaac growled the world low under his breath.

He was only a little angry, but it could still put people on edge.

It felt like a waste of their efforts.

Their sabotages fell flat on numerous occasions, whenever they raised their hand to do something it was immediately spotted and dissolved as if Mr Osoro himself was watching them secretly from somewhere.

"When I asked for your take, Seinna, I was asking for ideas on handling it, not for you to state the obvious," he made himself clear, dropping the file and turning to the woman.

"Maybe..." he began without hesitating, "maybe it's time we start taking measures to warn Marcelo? He's gotten quite comfortable using us to keep up appearances and keep everything in his life from crashing down," She looked pensive while Isaac only stared at her with increasing intensity.