74|| Love so Pure

Unedited~
• • •

Elijah walked with slow yet measured steps. He walked with a purpose and when he finally stopped, the entire atmosphere around where he stood went deathly silent.

It was quiet all around, heads turned towards him each with varying expressions. Elijah couldn't take not of them, his eyes were only focused on one.

"Oh Elijah-! I thought you'd never come!" Sophia grinned, peering up at him from where she sat, in her hands was a dainty glass that almost ran empty. Her face had a slight flush to it, one he was familiar with and was only now seeing it up front, Elijah's brows furrowed.

How strange.

Elijah circled her chair and easily pulled it out, kneeling a little down to her level.

Sophia ducked away the moment he did. The glass she was holding was held far out of his but he easily caught it.
Elijah heard faint snickering and looked up. Suddenly no one in their small audience wanted to meet his gaze. Well, all except for Miranda who watched them earnestly as if this was the most entertainment she'd gotten in days.

Elijah still had his suspicions, he went close, suddenly close enough that they must've thought he'd kiss her, very obvious by the loud gasps around them. But then he pulled away after smelling her lightly. Her lips smelled faintly of..alcohol?

Elijah frowned. How was this even possible?

Elijah held her cup then downed the remaining amount in one gulp. Surely enough, it had very a very evident and lingering taste. He stared at the glass and a feeling very close to a headache appeared near his temple almost instantaneously. "Sophia..."

"Hmm?"

"-Who gave you this?" Elijah carefully asked.

Sophia stared at him, "I got it from one of the the waiters like everyone else?" Her statement was more like a question.

Elijah pursed his lips then turned towards the others, "-did you see who served this?"

"Yes it was just a moment ago...what? What's wrong?" Miranda looked confused. They all did.

His gaze went back to Sophia who suddenly smiled, looking carefree.

Elijah was at a lost for words, maybe he  should've come earlier...

Elijah sighed, discarding the glass and taking her hands,  "Never mind, Let's go Sophia."

"What? Why? But I like it here?!" She frowned at first with some complaints but still got up with his urging. She waved cutely to everyone at the table then was carried off by Elijah who didn't linger for a second longer. He didn't get to notice the sudden shared excitement appearing on the faces of everyone present.

Elijah walked, hand in hand with Sophia, leading her in one straight line with a place in mind. "Let's go get you some fresh air," he spoke, his other hand sneaking around her waist.

"Fresh air-?" Sophia frowned a little, "and where exactly is this fresh air you speak off?"

Sophia looked moments later and saw the direction where they were headed. She frowned and turned towards him. "Eli... it's cold outside-" Sophia complained.

Elijah was a simple man, if there was a problem, he only looked for ways to fix it. He stopped and took off his suit top jacket in one fluid motion, leaving himself in only a white undershirt and vest. Sophia stared a bit longer than needed at his broad shoulders and chest but when she glimpsed him closing in on her she lifted her hands and took a step back.