50|| First Impressions Last

Unedited~
• • •

In the last few hours, Jiho felt as if he had aged considerably. He didn't want to see himself in the mirror, too afraid that if he did he'd see full locks of gray appearing in his hair.

"Anything new, Director?" he murmured almost lifelessly, hidden mostly behind the laptop monitor on the desk before him. The director looked solemn, he pursed his lips and shook his head.

Jiho winced and his shoulders fell a couple more inches. He knew it was over and eoing anything now would be wasted effort. For the past hours leading up to now, Jiho had personally taken it up on himself to monitor and hopefully punish those annoying yet influential sites spreading those nasty rumors about the situation.

It might've worked only at the start then it got completely out of his control. Somehow, Jiho knew this would happen but didn't want to think or entertain the possibility. Alas, the age of the internet was wild, fast moving and unpredictable. The bastard who started this whole thing evidently knew what they were doing and how to do it, much to Jiho's dismay.

In the current climate. Everyone and their mother loved drama. Especially when it involved someone of Mr Osoro's standing and background. After the scandalous 'news' caught the attention of the wider population, news including enough leaked images as backup, it gave birth to branches and branches of other rumours, personal opinions and speculations.

Mr Osoro was in no way a celebrity but the unwanted audience he amassed through his career was similar to such audiences of many high teir celebrities. When a lot of those 'people' began joining the wave, Jiho and the team's combined efforts to keep a firm grasp on the spread evaporated into thin air. Even their official business accounts on all platforms had simultaneously taken hits from these random people.

Jiho could only sit back anxiously and watch it all spiral out of control. And what's worse? They even had to bring in a technical team to try and find the bastard that started this whole mess but that in itself was a task. That person certainly was no random Joe and had practically vanished into thin air after dropping such shocking and quickly trending informantion onto the internet.

Unlike with the picture from the event, Jiho could not sit back and wait for it to blow over because at this rate, there wasn't the slightest indication of the situation calming down anytime soon. And Jiho couldn't send every average person on the net wagging their tongues about Elijah and Sophia a lawyer letter could he. It was a recipe for even more disaster.

Jiho ran a hand down his face then again through his messy hair. Outside opinions aside, unlike when the first news of Elijah and Sophia broke, many in his family remained strangely silent about this. And even though some close relatives, who had made their own names in the entertainment industry, weren't involved, that didn't stop the curious and downright annoying press from hounding them now in the middle of the day either.

Chaotic was the only word Jiho could use to describe the situation now. What was once positive remarks and excitement, had turned into negative speculation in only a few hours.

The more seconds passed now the more he felt like his heart was sinking into his stomach. A few spaces away on his temporary desk, which was previously the Director's, his phone rang out loudly, making him jump.

The director saw his behavior, chose not to comment on it and Jiho didn't care at all. Everytime his phone rang he got the chills that his older brother would be the one calling him. He knew that moment was approaching soon and the suspense of waiting, on top of the sudden growing stress was a heavy weight to bear on both of his tired shoulders.