53|| Silent Wars

Unedited~
• • •

The day went by in a blink but it was unfortunately not moving quickly enough for a certain man who's nerves stayed on edge. He stood before a huge mirror, frowning ever so slightly as the woman next to him generously went to straighten his tie. She was meticulous as always and even went on to tug on nonexistent wrinkles in the knot.

"You're so tensed," Sienna smiled softly, resting both hands on his shoulders, "-loosen up a little..."

In all honesty, Isaac wasn't able to. The day was going well...too well, in fact, his entire week was more than bearable but there was a strange feeling rising inside him. A weird feeling that something wasn't quite right about the situation at current.

Isaac Anderson was no amateur. He was a brave man with an innate, almost mystical ability to make profitable decisions that would not only benefit him but his partners and relevant shareholders this is why the property being auctioned was so important to his reputation and credibility on a whole. He'd been in this environment for a very long time and that time was long enough for many things to develop. Most of all, he was a man who's gut feelings were never once proven wrong.

Isaac was unmoved by Seinna's soft words, he removed her hands from his shoulders and went back to frowning at nothing in particular. Sienna wasn't at all bothered by this. Her smile remained, unwavering, "You seem worried, Isaac and for the life of me I cannot imagine why...?"

"The issue is beyond you," he finally spoke, responding to her after a short while.

"Oh, there's an issue?" She drew closer, "-because to me, it seems as if you're getting cold feet..do you need a basin of warm water?"

Isaac shot her a look but the woman smiled like usual, in a way that her eyes were almost fully closed. Isaac could tell, she was mocking him with that statement but he didn't find it fitting to waste time in admonishing her knowing his words would be no more than air in this regard.

"Don't fret," he finally left the mirror and walked back to the long table, seating himself in an empty chair, "-there's no such thing as getting cold feet in my line of work."

Sienna followed right behind him, still smiling but this time there was a certain steely hardness in her eyes, "Oh, then my apologies-"

"No need," he waved a hand dismissively, "-you just make sure you're doing what needs to be done."

"I have," she frowned as of offended by his doubtful tone, "-but most of our prospective clients and future partners seem to still have their qualms about coming on board...especially since the deed and documents aren't finalized as yet."

Isaac made a derisive sound at the back of his throat, "Pah...Give them time, the moment news gets out within this circle...they'll come running."

"Oh I know, and since Mr Oso-"

"Yes," Isaac cut her off, "but don't mention it."

Siena looked surprised, then nodded. After a while she reached towards the table, tapping her nails against the hardwood table. She looked around then frowned.

"And where the hell is Mr Jonas?"

"Oh...Now that you mentioned it," Isaac looked around the wide empty room, "He should've been here an hour ago."

"Right..." she trailed off thoughtlessly.

"-I don't think he's taking this as seriously as he should," Seinna continued her light tapping. Mr Jonas had started this entire partnership with them from the beginning, he was their third member. Right now it would be more fitting to say they were the only two in this group up against the world because that small chubby old man rarely ever made an appearance.