70|| Priorities

Unedited~
• • •

Elijah wasn't in a good mood.

That much was plainly apparent and easy to notice by everyone who lingered withing yards or only a few feet away from him.

This mood lasted a long while in the sense that it made Jiho shift uncomfortably in his seat.

Jiho who had nowhere else to go remained silent as a judge, his gaze was stuck to the floor and he fought to not draw any of the gloomy air from the man sitting adjacent to him.

Jiho always thought highly of himself, he was smart and a very tactful assistant. He didn't let a word slip and although he still felt somewhat choked up by his older sister's timely disappearance once again, he was sure his older brother had to be feeling that and so much more.

Just now, with his older brother and sister, that was a small interaction that could appear meaningless to some but those short words spoken were like heaven and earth in comparison to the lengthy lack of contact before.

Maybe there were more that could've been said but he knew the fact remained, it was simply too soon. He knew his brother sparsely wanted to push it.

His brother made the effort though, to bot not simply let her leave on amicable terms and Jiho was glad because that meant she'd definitely come around again in the near future. Who cared that he lost a lot of sleep in planning and colluding with the airport's staff to intercept her.

One could say he was the second mastermind behind this exploit. Jiho basked in self satisfaction although there wasn't even the slightest twitch in in face to expose this. He later looked off to the side and outside through the window, simply watching the world go by in complete silence. Their party wasnt large. It was only a total of three cars going in a specifically designed route. Their's remained in the middle and the other two that drove both infront and back were their...insurance.

The current state of their family was a slowly recovering wreck and on top of this chaos...the issue of safety was the most worrying. People on the outside were becoming too brave and while the main criminals and masterminds were already behind bars and waiting for trial, they wouldn't dare allow something like that to happen twice.

Jiho understood that cleanly but couldn't help his annoyance on it as well knowing he'd never have the freedom he had before. If not his brother planting people around him and to trail him as well, he knew his parents would. There was no going off on his own as he did before which meant he had to avoid that cafe for quite some time.

He couldn't have his family know what he did with his free time nor did he want them to find out who he stopped by to peek at.

Yes, he still went by that cafe. In his defence, the pastries and cakes they sold was second to none, so what if it was periodically visited by that person as well. It wasn't as if he stuck around long enough for Marcello to take notice of him.

Only God could judge.

It'd really take a while for everything and everyone in his family to fo back to normal and dismiss their hyper vigilance.

Their way back was completely different. The road led nowhere near any hospitals and completely left the urban areas of the city. They drove far from the coast to where the population was denser and only huge homes surrounded by massive landscapes could be seen. The road led into the highlands and hills that shadowed the city. The sun had completely risen now and after entering this large yet low key 'community' even Jiho who was well used to this lifestyle marveled at the sights outside.