2|| Negligence

Unedited~

• • •

"Sir, I've brought the files you requested, and Mr Nagato just called to send reminder of his in person appointment before the preparation of the coming auction."

"Oh?"

Cold and indifferent eyes languidly slid from the desk which was already almost covered with files on top of files, a handbook for notes and a medium compact laptop that already had a myriad of spreadsheets open in a software. Those eyes met the person who had ran in holding another stack of files in his hands.

The owner of these eyes made a small sound of acknowledgement, raising a long neat finger to point at the only area with a bit of space left on his desk. His eyes naturally slid down once more, completely focusing on the task at hand.

There, in the huge office which stood on the highest floor inside the main Osoro building. In the tallest skyscraper of the three main buildings, sat Mr Osoro himself, typing away unhurriedly, ignoring everything around him.

Each of his movements, even if it was as simple as typing a few sentences of data onto the keyboard or even something as minuscule as flipping through pages of a file, carried grace and elegance. Even the assistant had caught himself staring sometimes which was saying a lot considering the many years they had been together for.

Mr Osoro, clad in a dark gray suit which he filled out effortlessly, hair completely slicked back with a few stubborn strands escaping its confines, sat in silence, going through, reviewing, typing. It stayed like this for a good while. Only the sound of his assistant's quiet breathing, the occasional clicks of the keyboard and pages turning.

Then, after what seemed like forever, He discarded the folder in his hands, signaling his assistant with a small gesture to bring the one he had specifically requested to him.

His assistant quickly snapped to it.

"Sir, Mr Nagat-"

"Ignore it," His voice sounded as serious and decisive as his exterior. It carried a timbre that made anyone that heard instinctively want to obey. It was chilling.

His assistant snapped his mouth shut. Ignore it he will. It wasn't as if this was the first multi-millionaire and finance giant to get blown of by Mr Osoro. Surely, and it wasn't about to be the last either.

The assistant got close, passing the files to him, directly in his hands.

"Ah, right, The small batch of supervisors you've arranged to inspect the various states of the sectors inside the building have all submitted positive reports except for a few who's productivity is bit...less than expected. Your schedule after 11 am is completely booked plus you need to visit the site for auction a bit later today, not only that but...Miss Richardson has been calling nonstop since the news that you were back aired."

Mr Osoro nodded then frowned at the latter. "Block her." He spoke unhesitantly, eyes shifting to the other files that were starting to draw his complete focus.

Those were the records for everything financial wise that happened while he was away on the other side of the world. Ofcourse, while he was away he had gotten the weekly reports yet he still chose to meticulously go over them once more after returning.

His dealings in Japan had been successful which led him to look for another huge opportunity. Coincidentally, this one was located right in his main business state. He had returned at the fastest speed.

"The lobby?" He asked unexpectedly, only a tiny bit curious.

"As crowded as expected sir not only with workers but with representatives of other organizations."