Chapter-39

Avoid mistakes if any. No proof reading.

The day seem to be never ending for Nandini every little thing irritated her. At this moment they were leaving the office and before that, Manik told the floor receptionist or rather say informed her that Nandini is not coming tmrw so she should take charge for tmrw.

Seeing him taking her leave thing seriously, Nandini got more angry or rather say irritated. She decided to keep numb the whole way and Manik was feeling safe with her silence coz it's the first time he is experiencing something like this with her and he didn't knew how to behave at such situations.

Without exchanging goodbye pleasantries, Nandini got down from the car and walked away. The day was ending and it was 12.00 am. Nandini looked at the watch and mumbled to herself.

Nan-happiest birthday Nandini Murthy.

Saying that she closed her eyes feeling sad and than wore the duvet and closed her eyes. Soon it was morning and Nandini woke up on Radhika's arrival. She obviously didn't knew it's her birthday and Nandini didn't care to tell her as well.

She was going to the office, definitely but she was angry on Manik and that is why she decided to trouble him.

Nan-aaj direct office jaogi........breakfast kr lenge woh apna.........aur aaj tiffin bhi share nhi krne wali ho unke sath.........bahut maaza aa rha tha na kaal unko.........take charge.......huh ab charge mei batati ho.

With this she got ready and came directly at office. While Manik had his breakfast and came to office like always. Nandini had reached early which is why he was surprised looking at her. He came directly at her desk and said.

Ma-tum? Aaj nhi aanewali thi na? Phir kyu?

Still being irritated at him she said with the tone "let's fight".

Nan-kyu........aaj koi aur aanewali thi? Did I like ruin your plan.

Manik was shocked hearing that and he asked still maintaining the calm.

Ma-what! Nandini kya hova hai? Tell me.

Nandini got up and came in front of him.

Nan-aap ko aaj k din ka kuch bhi yaad nhi hai?

Ma-Nandini? Aaj kuch hona tha kya? Okay fine I don't remember........tum hi bata do.

Nandini giving up.

Nan-nhi kuch nhi hai........jaiye jaa k kaam kijiye.

With that she sat on her place and looked away, trying to concentrate on her work. Manik thought of talking to her in some time and that is why he came at his place and started working. It was around 15 mins later, Nandini had digged her head in work, when a peon came to her and handed her a gift.

Being confused, she took it and saw it was a flat thing in it. With curiosity, she opened up the gift to see a collage made of her and Manik's pic. Along with that there was a small note with that. Keeping the photo frame on the table, she opened the note that read.