Chapter-23

Avoid mistakes if any.

Next day, as usual Nandini came to Manik's place and took care of him. Now that Manik knew her reason and even his conversation with Mr Malhotra, made him calm and he wasn't troubling her anymore in any manner.

This helped the air btwn them to ease up and things were good btwn them. Nandini didn't cry today. Like this 2-3 days passed. Manik was recovering too. He could walk and do things for himself. He was even working from home.

On the 4th day. Manik woke up a bit late and was expecting Nandini to be in the kitchen. When he came down, he saw the kitchen to be empty and there was no traces of any human being touching it. He frowned in confusion and called up Nandini but her phone was switched off.

He kept trying her number but nothing happened. He called at the office and asked the receptionist about Nandini's whereabouts but got no information about her. Manik was worring up for her. He asked his driver to have a check on Nandini at her place.

The driver left and did check and found her home to be locked. The watchman told him that she left in the morning. Manik was extremely tensed for her and suddenly her past relations popped up in his mind. The tension was now replaced by fear.

Without any physical activity, he was huffing and sweating. His mind kept thinking all the weird happenings. The panic level increased in him. Without thinking anything, he took his wallet and ran down. Taking the keys from the driver, who just arrived, Manik drove off in great speed with one hand.

He drove and looked for her in every nook and corner of the city, that's what he thought but Mumbai is a big city. As much as it is big, it is equally crowded. At times, he got down from his car and ran to see the small small lanes too but nothing helped him.

Running and driving like a mad for 3 hours, Manik didn't get any traces of Nandini. He doubted to go to the police too. For 2 reasons, 1st her missing has not gone beyond 12 hours, so they won't file a complaint and 2nd in the process of finding her, may be they get her connections with her blood family.

This might be dangerous for Nandini only. Chucking that option, he drove back to her place to check on her once again. He reached at her place, opened the house with the master key and checked every where. The house seemed to be proper.

He was panicking and nothing was helping him. With the hope to find her any how, he came down again and in the process of running, he banged a person in the lobby. He turned and apologised and then once again when he turned to rush out of the lobby, he saw  Nandini entering in.

She was walking aimlessly, lost somewhere completely. Seeing her all safe and sound, Manik huffed a breathe of relief. He immediately ran and cupped her shoulder, grabbing her attention.

Ma-kaha thi tum?

Seeing him there, all sweating and panting. Nandini frowned as he was the least expected person in her building. Anyways not answering to his question, she asked him another question.

Nan-sir aap yahan kya kr rhe hai?

Ma-dhund rha tha tumhe.........kaha thi tum aur bata k kyu nhi gayi?

Unintentionally his voice raised and grabbed the attention of 2-3 people around. Nandini was embarrassed a bit, which why she said.