Chaptee-92

Avoid mistakes if any. No proof reading.

Nandini was very much normal when Manik was moving here and there. She frowned when she felt him removing her hand from the quilt. She was way too stunned when she felt the cold metal slipping in her hand.

She had a glance of it and saw the ring but just the little of the back side, not the front side. She was stunned to get a ring as gift but she couldn't even think that this could be the proposal ring too. She was still comprehending the feeling of ring when she heard him.

Ma-will you marry me Nandini.

Nandini's face snapped up at him and she kept gaping at him to know what the reality was. His eyes were curious and shining with a hope to get a positive reply. His shine made her realise that everything was a reality. She looked at their hands, still not the ring and than back to him.

Pinning the quilt to her chest, she dragged herself and sat back with the support of head rest, while Manik's shine was getting replaced with worry and confusion. He too sat back and Nandini spoke.

Nan-Manik.........shadi!

Her tone was very much confusing, he couldn't understand that was it going to lead to a dead end or was she too much stunned to react this way. He sat back too and turned facing her. Still holding her hand, he spoke.

Ma-Nandini.........after this lockdown........when you shifted back.......I was very much sure of this proposal.........but than we had to go through that break up fiasco and that's why I had to delay it..........but now that we have passed that too........I really want us to get married..........the ring........I got it made way back.........but couldn't give you.

That is when Nandini looked at the ring again and saw a beautiful diamond ring. She smiled softly at that and than looked back at him to see his eyes depicting mixed emotions. She unintentionally kept looking at him for a brief moment and Manik couldn't take it, so he asked.

Ma-you don't want to marry me?

Nan-yes.

Manik's heart broke on her immediate reply. He asked to reconfirm.

Ma-you don't?

Nan-yes.........

Manik blinked and Nandini said again.

Nan-yes........I mean I want to marry you.

Manik was a bit shocked hearing that and Nandini spoke.

Nan-stupid........I am saying yes to marriage.........we are getting married.

Saying that she excitedly got up on her knees and came to hug him but due to over excitement, she couldn't hold the grip and fell on him and which resulted that Manik too laid back along with hugging her. Their parts of body was in display but there was no 3rd person to see that.

Manik was heartbroken at first coz he knew that if her answer was not positive, then things won't be normal btwn them and he was not ready for another breakup. Not another one, he was not ready to part away from Nandini for forever.