Chapter-20

Avoid mistakes if any. No proof reading.

After eating a few morsels, Nandini spoke.

Nan-sir!

Manik looked at her and raised his eyebrows as a gesture to say ahead, to which Nandini said.

Nan-what must have triggered this........ek drink se nasha nhi hota hai.........aur aisi tabiyat toh definitely nhi khrb hoti hai.........phir kaise?

Ma-i am allergic to sleeping pills.

Nan-huh?

Ma-sleeping pills muje suit nhi krti hai......... any kind of sleeping pills have that one common ingredient jisse muje allergy hai........ Isliye aisi tabiyat hogai meri.

Nan-so does that means

Ma-that my drink was spiked..........woh girls ne meri drink mei waisi hi koi medicine dali hogi that's why.

Nan-but kaise?

Ma-i remember bending down to pick up a file.........may be that time they did this.

Hearing him, Nandini was shocked, surprised and angry. For the moment she simply bobbed her head and they ate their lunch silently. After lunch Manik was feeling quiet energetic. Since he had a leave today, he started watching tv.

While Nandini at first wrapped up the lunch set up and then got busy on calls. Seeing her expressions and way of talking, Manik figured out that to be a professional call. Nandini was in the kitchen only as the tv volume was disturbing her.

After some half and hour of calling and receiving calls and walking too and fro while talking. Nandini finally sat beside him and said fixing her gaze on the tv.

Nan-those girls have been arrested.

Manik was stunned listening that while Nandini looked at him and said.

Nan-I filed a complaint on your behalf and they caught them........don't worry I have covered it........nobody will come to know about it.

Ma-but why?

Nan-first of all.......what they did was crime....... secondly they could have molested you and them black mailed you........and thirdly........ you are allergic to the medicine okay........but what if the dose would have been harmful........ it could have cost your life........aise criminal thinking logo ko immediately police k havale kr dena chahiye.........otherwise it's harm to the society..........zamana badal gaya hai........ab log hamdardi ka faida utha the hai.........Isliye safety is better than cure.........unlogo ko sabak sikha dena chahiye.........it's better than harming ourselves all over again.

Agreeing to her point, Manik looked back at the tv and both together watched a film, in btwn Manik popped some popcorns for them and they enjoyed it. Early evening, Nandini made quick dinner for Manik and than came to him.

Nan-sir........agar koi kaam nhi hai toh mei ghar  jao?

Manik was not liking her going but he can't stop her, still he said.

Ma-what abt your dinner?

Nan-ohh that I will manage.