Chapter-31

Avoid mistakes if any. No proof reading as I have just completed writing.

It was lunch time, Nandini as usual had gone to re-heat their food in the microwave. While her food was being warmed, few female colleagues came to her and they were talking a little, this is usual thing for Nandini.

She had gelled up with the staff during this short period. Anyways, taking the whole big tray, she came back in the room. Entering in she called Manik.

Nan-sir...........the lunch is here.

On her call Manik looked at her and paused his work. Washing his hands, he came to his place to see Nandini filling their plates. Still wiping his hands with the white napkin, he sat and asked.

Ma-huuuuuaaan.........aaj kya hai lunch mei?

Nan-kaddu ki sabzi, roti, dal, rice and raita.

Manik looked at her in surprise and confusion and asked.

Ma-kaddu.......? Really?

Hearing his tone, Nandini looked at him with frowns and asked.

Nan-kyu aap ko nhi psnd?

Ma-pata nhi.........meine kabhi khaya nhi hai.

Nan-ohhh.........koi nhi.........mere hath k bani hovi kha k dekheye..........aap ko aacha lagega.

Ma-okay.........just on your trust i am eating.

Saying that he started eating. First bite of sabzi roti and the taste was really good. He would not say that he was on heaven with that taste coz just with the thought of kaddu being in it made him a little judgmental towards it but still the dish was yummy.

You can eat it at least, that's what Manik thought. Nandini looked at his expressions and understood, she started eating. After a few mins, they started talking, actually, the same old long talks of Nandini.

With a pleasant atmosphere they had their lunch and got back to work. Later at 4.00 pm, Manik asked for his coffee. When Nandini bought that for him and placed it on his table and was about to go, that's when Manik stopped her and said.

Ma-Nandini i was thinking........to cancel the fab5 jam session today..........let's go out somewhere.........will have dinner too.

Nan-no..........we can't do that........aap roz roz aise kaam ko neglect nhi kr skte hai........aur har roz bhar ka khana bhi aacha nhi hota hai.

Ma-but Nandini.........than i willl hardly get any time to stay with you..........itni saalo se i am working like a robot..........the same routine and now when i wish to live than.

Nan-you are right..........it's your right to live freely..........but Manik you can't neglect work.........aur abhi se if you start doing this...... this will come into your habit.

Manik knew that she won't agree. He made a grumpy face and turned to his laptop, while Nandini got an idea.

Nan-i have a plan.