Chapter-42

Avoid mistakes if any. No proof reading.

Nan-did you bring them?

Manik looked deep in her eyes and then very softly moved his head in yes. They was a momentary silence and than he spoke.

Ma- I purchased them from 2-3 shops and then got them here.

Nandini was beyond shock. She kept looking at him for a very long time while looking her non reactive posture. He asked after a good time.

Ma-didn't you like it.

Nandini came back to reality and than said.

Nan-no no it's not like that.........they were amazing........I loved it a lot.

Ma-than why this look?

Nan-i loved the fireflies........but this truth is making me to feel proud of you.

Manik frowned in confusion while Nandini said to explain her words.

Nan-you are looking at that side that you simply purchased them.........but from my point of view.........you didn't purchase them......... you have given them freedom Manik........ freedom from that cage.........from those who had captured them.........freedom is very important for every living being..........mujse zayda yeh koi nhi feel kr skta hai k freedom kitni zaruri hai.

Ma-you too have the freedom Nandini.

She immediately replied.

Nan-no I don't.

Than she took a long pause and said.

Nan-my past and my blood relations can never give me the freedom I want.........mere dil aur dimag mei yeh dar hamesha rahega k kahi meri sacchai bhar na aajaye..........this fear is going to stay till my last breathe.........and it can't be removed just like that........that fear snatch's my freedom from doing lots of things that I wish too............and now........after revealing my secrets to you.........you too have lost a part of your freedom Manik..........woh dar ab aap ke andar bhi hai...........though it won't trigger you often like it does to me.........but you have at least thought abt me and have feared.........a lot of thing might restrain you just coz of my past...........isliye I know the value of freedom..........bahut zaruri hai jeene k liye.

Manik immediately wrapped his arm around her and said.

Ma-you don't have to worry abt anything Nandini..........you are my responsibility now and you should know that you have the right to do anything that your heart wants........you don't have to fear abt anything.

She looked at him and gave a small smile but the reality was what she said a moment ago. Their eyes locked with each other and there was a warm silence btwn them. They kept looking at each other along with blinking slowly.

After a good moment, Nandini leaned closer to him and Manik kept looking at her.